Loch Garten Nest Observations pre-ospreys 2016!

We're up!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• MaryGK said:

To be honest I can still remember the camera quality back in 2012, when Limpy and I started watching.  It was so terrible that when the eggs started to hatch I could make out the chicks - all I could make out was a blur whenever EJ fed one.  Fast forward to 2015 and we had moved on to a situation where we not only had a much clearer picture of the nest (though still not perfect) but we also had someone moving the camera to wherever the birds happened to be.  This live stream is not perfect but it has improved so much in the last few years.

Just for a comparison take your pick, both of them are nothing to write home about are they!     Compared to the quality of the likes of Glaslyn who are self funded. 

[/quote]Neither of them are very good.  The 2012 capture is about as good as it got that year, while the 2015 was wildly variable.  I got this one early in the season last year:

I think the more she moved the worse the capture got.

I could suggest that it would be a good move from LG to start an appeal for a better live stream but I suspect the money required would dwarf that of the satellite tagging appeal.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.