The LG OSPREY GABFEST for JANUARY and FEBRUARY 2016

LOOKING FORWARD TO 2016 BRINGING US A FULL NEST AT LOCH GARTEN WITH EJ AND ODIN AT THE HELM.

• ANN - A good point - The nest at Carrbridge is very close to Loch Garten and now will provide a vacant nest for maybe one of the intruding males. I am assuming Blue XD female friend from end of last season will come back to this nest and maybe await his arrival.

I don't find the demise of such as sad as ospreys go and ospreys come - it is all part of the bigger picture.

We are off for a walk in Strathallan in the morning so will have a look at the T in the Park nest. The schedule for T in the park was announced yesterday but they still have to apply for a licence from P & K.

They have not put in a plan for traffic control as yet nor have they put in corrective action for the restoration of site back to  normal after the event. Also they need to address the clean up operation after all left. However it will take place for certain at the same venue.

• Good evening all. Keith lovely photo of The union of South Africa, you were indeed lucky! These trips are so popular and brilliant really as it ensures their future and restoration!  Hope you get to go on the Flying Scotsman one day!

• I heard on the radio this morning of a photographer who had carefully selected his perfect vantage point to capture the Flying Scotsman, as he settled into prepare for the moment, a "normal" virgin train passed by completely obliterating his view! It clearly was not his day!

• Gardenbirder you arrival was surely of great joy to your parents :)

• Keith this looks like its to be an annual event :( Its something of a miracle that there was a successful nest at all. I wish that I could watch ospreys with a slight detachment and realism but cant help feeling upset at the loss of BXD Lady, Nora Mr G and all the others :(.  Even though i fully understand that the life of ospreys is a hard one.

It will be interesting to see what happens this season with the vacant nest. Hope EJ abd Odin arrive safely :)

• Unknown said:

58Willow - I was just discussing this with my wife and looking at the old engines (Not my Wife) itinerary for 2016.

Hope she visits Scotland as part of her itinerary and somewhere can get a ticket.

The tickets for the full six weeks running of The Union of South Africa (A4 Class) through Tweed Valley in September last year sold out Day 1 but we were lucky to get two tickets from Edinburgh to Tweedbank and return They provided rail Dunblane to Edinburgh for free on Scotrail. Union of South Africa on her Tweed valley Runs. Love to add The Flying Scotsman to this.

The Flying Scotsman is visiting Scotland.

On the 14th May, The Flying Scotsman is to once again venture up the east coast line departing from Kings Cross, London at 09:00 and arriving at Waverley Station, Edinburgh at 20:00 hours and will stay over for 3 days. On the 15th during the day, she is to travel the new Borders line and in the evening is doing a Fife Circular travelling north crossing the Forth Rail Bridge. On the 17th, she will depart from Waverley at 09:30 hrs arriving at Kings Cross at 19:30.

Tickets went on sale last week and, as expected, are sold out.

Her 2016 schedule can be found  here   which may be of interest to you.

• Good evening all. Many thanks Doodah for the information. Welcome to the forum!

Keith hope you are one of the lucky ticket holders :)

• Yes, Keith and Everybody, may ALL our dreams come true - trains, ospreys and everything.

•  With my toes dipping the water, ocean and beach as far as the eye can see to the North and South.  To the East just ocean.forever.

I've been there, but these of course are Google Earth streetwalking pictures.

• COUNTDOWN FOR  LOCH GARTEN NEST

29  days till  EJ'S RETURN  on   Monday March 28th

35  days till ODIN'S RETURN  on Sunday  April 3rd

We all know that any countdown is just a guess, no matter how careful the calculation or formula.  The actual dates of return for Odin and EJ as recorded by "ChloeB and Tiger's osprey data" are HERE.  www.imagicat.com/profiles.html