Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 13 December 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat Thread is here.

I hope everyone is enjoying the season.

Everyone have a wonderful week!

• OG donated...

There again could have been involved in original purchase.

She is updating phone to I phone 6 big screen and also has pc and sky so lucky me.

Weather looking rubbish for Aviemore and skiing but brilliant for road travel.

• WENDY - we once bought a rucksack from elder daughter for use by son (10 years her junior), and then realised we had made the original purchase for her!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Oh yes what goes around comes around... Or similar!!!

No Christmas shopping this year as the 3 of us are to Lundy in March.

Yes you guessed it I am major doner.

A place we have all loved but the first time the 3 of us have been together for 26 years.

So a girlie week full of laughter bubbles and walking..;:)

• Sounds wonderful - and good to look forward to it!

• OG it gets even better health permitting as friend from up here who came with me in March wants to return. So we are in March 2017... Hooray for Saga insurance.

Funny as every year I return I say it's my last...

• I think you'll always bounce back there: it means so much to you!

• Strangely it does...

Done the abroad stuff but not interested any more...

Fog on the island this week so people stranded( bliss) and others gone home:-(

• A reprieve, of a sort. Expecting 42 C today, Dau says they have cabin fever from being cooped up inside out of the heat so she is taking kids to a PlayGroup this morn and I’m not expected for nanny duty until after lunch. I finished my Xmas cards yesterday; now the gift wrapping to do.

• Evening all:  Very successful and pleasant day. Left home ridiculously early to get to Target when they opened the doors (took my list this time!). Then to the nearby Ecco outlet store when they opened up, where I bought a nice pair of comfy shoes for a fraction of their original cost, then to lunch with friend. She drove to New York from California this summer, prior to going to Italy with her sister (a big birthday for her sis) and came home to California by train. Anyway, what with exchanging news (hers) about Venice,etc. and my news (guinea pigs,etc) three hours went by - it's a wonder the restaurant didn't charge us rent for the table. As it was, the place has had a revamp and gone very "Malibu." Jam packed with gorgeous young leggy girls with perfect flowing hair, clear smooth skin, and flawless make up plus hip looking guys. Hmmm. Friend and I are going to meet at a cafe up the road from there next time where we'll blend in more.  :-)

Bank account sorted for the most part except for direct debit/credit details.

Brenda: Thanks for letting us know Margo is feeling a little better.  Ha! When men notice our hair, things must indeed be dire.  :-)

Lindybird: I like those long t-shirt types of nighties, but they seem  to be making them shorter these days. I've seen those new freestanding baths in home remodeling magazines and think "Why?"  They seem so exposed and impractical (in terms of splashing water everywhere, etc).

Read everyone's news but must go give cat her shot and then get my bearings re tomorrow and beyond....

Take care ALL

• AQ - great that you got some catching up time for gift wrapping.  I hope the morning tired them out and they slept happily in the afternoon!

ANNETTE - glad you both had plenty of news to share at the three-hour marathon.  Sorry you felt out of place there - hope the café will be good next time!  Agree with the comment about retro baths.  OH worked in shower room last evening - covered all bare wall plaster with a preliminary patching of paint - will do second coat on ceiling today.

Have a good Friday, ALL.