WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Slipping further behind - evening was good, but just before going, had phone call (6:30) to invite me for oncology consultation at Carlisle 4pm tomorrow with a view to treatment after Christmas!  Told her I have appt at optician at 2pm, and she said to come anyway, and if late blame it on the weather and roads!  Discussed our best way to the hospital, which avoids all the worst flooded areas, but is therefore very busy right now.  So may not be catching up till Friday, as I have a typing task must be done tomorrow evening!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Rather short notice, OG, but I do hope everything, tomorrow, will be to your satisfaction.  X

• Sorry BRENDA,I've obviously missed some posts even though I thought I'd read all. Am very sorry to read about the damage to your nephew's home.

I have been trying to keep up, especially regarding posts about the floods etc in the North of England. And GEORGE and Chrisy, lovely to hear from you!

We are having a family meal here on Sunday - OH s birthday Monday. Just now though, a phone call from deepest darkest Aberdeenshire to say that OHs nephew and his wife will be coming here on Monday. OH and nephew share a birthday date. They will be here for lunch, wanted to take us out but OH can't hear in a noisy restaurant these days. I think it will be a salad lunch so no big deal.

• Take care OG and look forward to hearing the outcome of your consultation xx

• That is good, OG.  Sometimes best not to have too much notice for these things. I hope you have reasonable journey to Carlisle.

Heather,   That is very distressing for you to see this happening to Sheana.

It does seem that she needs the injections.

Annette, I have to laugh at your weather reports. Are the forecasters so desperate to say something different, that they have to go into the balance of probabilities?

Sorry about Peanut. How do you administer the antibiotics?

On a lighter note , Eight swans flew over this morning, and landed on the river,

An amazing sight. Awesome.

The local swan family continue to glide serenely up and down the river. The two cygnets are still quite grey.

• Heather B said:

LINDY  I replied to your message but not sure if I did it correctly :-(

Got your message, Heather.  I know what you mean, I've not been able to cope with the weird new system since they changed it!

• Eldest has arrived OK, so I'm off to bed shortly.  Replies tomorrow. Goodnight.

• Brenda,  Sorry to read about you nephew's fire damage. Fires are scary.

• Apologies for not reading all the way through but just read the first page.

OG and others - do hope that you are recovering from the stormy weather although the weather forecast is for another to hit tomorrow but not as bad.  Stay safe and warm.

It seems to be the Carlisle and Keswick areas that have been worse hit .

We are pretty lucky down here although the do say that the next one in is going to come in from the South West and could hit us but I still think it won't be as bad as some of you are getting or have had.   Thinking of you all in areas affected.

Went over on Tuesday to see an old friend from my Worsley days - she has lived in Northampton for a number of yeas as she was in the teaching profession. We had our annual catch up and it was great to do some reminiscing as well.

Perhaps someone can tell me whether they have heard how Margo is.

Had a bit of worrying news from a local friend. She went to see her consultant the other day for a suspected hernia but he has said it is something in the stomach muscles and not a hernia. Has to go and see her surgeon next Monday so hoping it is not going to be unwelcome news. Will have to wait and see, at least they are off to Paris for the rugby tomorrow and back on the Sunday so it should be a nice break for them.

Plodding on here as usual - managed to put tree up this afternoon after purchasing a real one yesterday. Don't put up many decs but like a few.  Haven't got much to do this Christmas as going to Dau-in-law's CD and Manchester for Boxing Day.

Take care if you are affected by the adverse weather conditions.

• Annette - the petition to ban Trump from the UK now stands at 373,664 signatures - is increasing at an amazing rate.