WEEKLY CHAT (non-osprey) SUNDAY, DECEMBER 6 2015

Hope all in the storm path have escaped any problems.

Lindybird: Happy viewing!

Diane: El Nino? Hmmm - it seems to have forgotten to stop by here. Seriously, "they" aren't expecting it until the end of December.

All good here today - raked masses of leaves off the parkway (street sweeper due Monday) and must do the garden paths tomorrow (if I can find them!).

Have a good Sunday all.

• Our posts crossed, OG. Thanks for letting us know how you got on at the hospital. I don't suppose the doc gets many  curious patients, as you say! Maybe most people just say something along the lines of 'Just do what you have to do to make me better'. He must indeed have enjoyed the consultation.

• Heather and Lindy,    I find hearing is selective. Mutterings under breath are definitely heard.

• TB statistics up across the board in Somerset according to Defra s own statistics. No amount of lies, propaganda or anectdotal evidence can hide these facts that culling badgers does not help with the control of BTB .Lord Krebs is right!!! Just watch the government squirm to justify more killing of wildlife.

• Good Morning Everyone. A dull damp morning.

I managed to buy a new dress and jacket yesterday, so that I can wear something different for an 80th Birthday party on Sunday. The lady in question, neither looks nor acts anything like 80 and has recently been given the ' all clear' after her intense cancer treatment.

OG, The hospital will soon learn that you don't just accept what they say, without full explanations and why. Well done. Sounds as if you also had a good Dr. Some of them are not very good at communicating with their patients.

Dibnlib, That does sound an extraordinary decision to send that man to an Open Prison.

I received a phone call from Margo this morning. She hasn't got the energy to put the marzipan and then the icing on her Christmas cake, which will now wait until after her transfusion on Monday, but she will finish it.  She is resting most of the time, now, but is definitely not giving in to her illness. 

• out and about this morning. The views across the Moray Firth were stunning. Ben Wyviss looked like a Christmas Cake with a thick layer of icing. Magnificent.

• That must have been fabulous to see, Dibnlib.

• Morning all:

Lindybird: I love mince pies (warm with ice cream please, or whipped cream is acceptable too).  I remember those paper chains, with a pot of glue on hand - what a mess, but what a nice family activity....

OG:  Have visions of you three zooming hither and yon this last week. I swear I read all the posts, but then a page or two on I see someone elses's response to one and think, "How did I miss that!?" Sounds like that hour with the doc was interesting for both of you. Doesn't sound like you'll have much spare time next week!

Heather/Lindy: Add me to the list of people who exit and enter talking.  :-)  Though I sometimes suspect there's some "selective listening" going on on OH's part.  On the other hand, I have a friend I go shopping with now and then and I can walk away from her to look at something interesting, but she continues chatting as if I were still there.  I haven't got to that stage yet (I think).

Rosy: Ha!  Re "selective listening," I've actually experimented with muttering under my breath just to see what response I get, if any, but due to sloppy scientific protocol, can't confirm any theories at this point. :-))

dibnlib:  You don't have to make these things up - they seem to happen a bit too often.  Hope they catch the guy soon.

Alan: So many more dangerous things than badgers...

BrendaH: Good to hear that Margo has the marzipan/icing project on her to do list. Let us know how she feels after the transfusion.  In the meantime, enjoy the b'day party on Sunday.

We have our lovely old truck up for sale and are meeting an LA couple halfway tomorrow so they can check it out. Now have to zip to car wash and give it a quick hose down.  

We actually have a 60% chance of rain Sunday afternoon.  In the meantime, here's a life streaming shot of Yosemite Falls in Yosemite National Park. www.yosemiteconservancy.org/.../yosemite-falls.  

Off to organize myself.

• ANNETTE  We have been to Yosemite, but don't recall seeing the falls. We were impressed by El Capitan and couldn't believe people were actually climbing up it. The falls certainly look impressive, thank you.

• dibnlib: I've been to Yosemite a couple of times but am way overdue for another visit.  I went with friends and our bicycles once -  had a lovely time cycling round the valley floor.

• Can't watch your clip on here, Annette, but I bet it's lovely.  Dibnlib - great description of the magnificent scenery :-)

Annette - I'm sure you'll have a lump in your throat if the old truck goes :-(

We popped out this morning and bought a small, cute Christmas tree which we're going to put on a table in the sitting room, as we can't have our big tree this year or Madam will destruct it.  So that the conservatory doesn't look too bare, I'm going to drape lights around the room.  Got out all the books I've been hoarding all year for the children, and was shocked at how many there are!  Never mind, some are too old for them anyway so can be kept for future years.Bought a fancy frying pan as a surprise for Youngest son and wrapped it up in paper with a big bow around the handle - perhaps it won't be a surprise after all!!