Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Many thanks, Brenda and Rosy.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Limpy, Clare & Helen - May your memories of the good times comfort you.

• Many thanks, Aquilareen.  The most recent good times included her stroking Helen's and Limpy's faces and swearing at odd moments!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Limpy, Clare and Helen,   I am so very sorry to hear your sad news this morning.  A sad time for you, my thoughts are with you.

• CLARE, LIMPY, Helen. I'm thinking about you three at this sad time xx

• It's a lovely bright, springlike day today, here.  Been out in the garden for ten minutes trying to photograph some of the pretty autumn leaves in the sunshine.

Here is a photo I forgot from our Wedding Album:  The Welsh Dragon guarding the hotel grounds!

• The day turned drizzly just before lunch, so really pleased OH finished strimming in the morning.  Now the grass can do what it wants till spring - unless we get another summer in the middle of winter!  Going out this evening to National Trust for Scotland local group meeting, about "Castle Restoration".

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• It is a bit dull here too,OG. I wish I could send our weather to ANNETTE. I'm not sure what weather DIANE is getting just now.

And AQ is at the beginning of Summer!

OH just pulled his boiler suit on and is continuing to prune the grape vine. Next job is the geraniums. Apart from sweeping up leaves that will be us closing down for the winter.

I have just chopped some onions. Can't remember where I bought them but they were vicious things. My eyes were streaming, nose running....  Normally I don't have these problems. (Cue for a poem LINDY?) Only joking!

RITA - It was good to see you back. What a hard decision for you to make regarding a house move. Eighty is the new sixty. That is what I keep telling my OH who is coming up 85. Still driving, gardening, bowling, putting up with me etc. However, I can understand your family being anxious about you as you don't have any family nearby. From what I know of prices down south in that general area I agree, you would be hard pushed to get a home in a rural area for the same price as yours would realise up here.

• Quick look in to send hugs to Clare, Limpy and Helen. I liked the memories of recent "good" times with Limpy's Mom stroking faces and swearing at times....   :-)

Back later.

• HOW I WEPT!

Oh!  How much you made me cry:
    I streamed, I choked, thought I would die ~
    I worked so hard my job to do
    But found it hard to follow through.

Next time I have to grit my teeth and fight you,
    I swear I'll find something to bite you!
    For how much I do hate this work
    My duty I will never shirk.

So Onions, do your worst, I say!
    There is no limit to how you'll pay
    For making my eyes stream today -
    I'll chop you up, then cook away.

EDIT:  Extra verse ~

The vegetable we most despise
    Because it smarts and stings our eyes
    Has something which just can't be beaten -
    Its just delicious, when eaten!