Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 18 October 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is here.

Annette: I thought I'd go ahead and start this week's thread. I don't mind at all. When my next freelance project comes in, you (or someone else) can do it if you want to.

Everyone have a great week!

• Hurricane Patricia looks catastrophic. Those in it's path definitely need our prayers and thoughts. 254mph winds will be absolutely terrifying.

• We survived our 4 nanny days this week – OH had half days, I had full days. As if we don’t see enough of that family <grin> Dau2 has a birthday afternoon tea for her OH tomorrow, just family. We shall catch up with our g-son who turned 18 last week. 18 already!!!! I volunteered some homemade sausage rolls and banana cakes, so a busy afternoon ahead.

Must be an ‘epidemic’. A third neighbour is renovating. On one side of us they are converting half the garage into a spa bathroom & walk-in robe. The other side appear to have moved out while things happen, furniture gone, so we are curious about what is to be there. Across the road they are converting carport into a room. You can imagine how many trucks, vans, diggers, deliveries, etc are filling our street, making backing out our drive a challenge at times. As well workmen seem to use ‘our’ street tree for all their mobile phone calls. So much that I wonder how they get any work done.

• It is chucking it down this morning, so no doubt Benson won''t go for a walk, though he did have a quick trot in the garden. OH off to work and I will swim. I should get 45 mins before "turtle tots !

• Good Morning Everyone. A very dull, but dry morning. The rain doesn't reach us until this evening.

AQ, I do feel sorry for you with all those work vehicles around your street. It can become extremely annoying and frustrating. Maybe you should leave your car on the  road, outside your house, before they arrive each morning.
    Enjoy the birthday celebrations.

Dibnlib, Hope you had your swim before the "turtle tots" arrived. Benson sounds the sensible one. Who wants to go for a walk when it is " chucking it down". LOL

Not very organised this weeks. I still need to food shop this morning. I forgot so many things yesterday.

A man who comes every year to sharpen garden tools has just arrived. Last year he charged £5 an item, today he wants £6.50 per item. He has only been given three garden tools !!!

• Morning all: Busy but good week here - will catch up tomorrow for sure!

• Pleased to see you are having a good week, Annette.

Very quiet on here today. Hope you are all having a good day.

It is our village Bonfire night, tonight. The heavy rain is due at 6pm. LOL

• BRENDA   no turtle tots today because of holidays. 

We spent the afternnon at church filling shoeboxes for Blytheswood to take to Albania as a Christmas gift. These boxes contain such every day items as soap, toothpaste etc.  All the things we take for granted.

• Wet day here to start with and then turned sunny later but a cold wind. Went to look at the tortoises but they had'nt stirred out of their beds, they are getting much slower now. I shall put them down to hibernate in about a week from now, they have to go without food for about three weeks before I put them away, to ensure all food has emptied out of their systems.    I settled down to do my Tax return forms this morning, I job that I dislike and always put off until the last moment!  All done now, thank goodness, I feel really glad about it and will now be able to enjoy 'Strictly'! and a beautiful fresh Lemon sole for my evening meal, I am trying a new recipe for cooking it.

• Dibnlib,   I do admire your swimming abilities. Nice not to have to compete with turtle tots today. It is lovely for the children to have the chance to become proficient at swimming, (my granddaughter has reached Jellyfish grade now, I think)  whatever that is, but not when you are trying to get the serious lengths in.

AQ, Whatever did you and your OH have to give up  before nanny duties took over? You do seem to be terrific grandparent

Back to cooking the dinner.