Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey), 6 September 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

If you missed the end of last week's Chat thread, click on the link above and go back to see OG's spectacular photos of the Sparrowhawk that visited her garden! The pics are really good. See pages 8-9! 

Also, Brenda posted a lovely kestrel on page 7.  

Autumn is right around the corner, but it's still very hot on my patch; 95 F (35 C) tomorrow. I'll try to send some heat to Brenda, who had to put the central heating on in her home yesterday. :-)

Happy Labor Day on Monday to Annette, June Spradlin, and anyone else in the U.S. Labor Day was very important in my family, and I always miss my Dad on that holiday.

Everyone have a good week.

• Heather:  I hope you were able to access the shop and get your phone back, this time.

~Sunny here, so I have just had forty winks in the garden, after a busy morning.  Had to wait for nearly three quarters of an hour to see the Doc, and he apologised when I did get into his office, but I thought "heck, its not as if I had to trek 30 miles across a desert to see him" which I bear in mind, is the fate of some in the 3rd world.  He says my b.p. has gone down but not enough, so he is going to give me a stronger pill to take.  He also arranged a prescription for my eye ailment, so all is hunky dory, although because of all the chat, we did not get down to talking about statins this time but I'm sure he's saving that one up, as I know he's keen on them.

Was dismayed to go onto my email just now, to find that Virgin have "updated" it which is supposed to be better, but as usual, it is not at all any better, and its going to be a darn nuisance having to learn how to get around on the page - which incidentally shows the messages in a much more condensed form, Blah!  Here endeth the rant......

• Have been out in the front garden, pruning off some stray branches of the bushes.  Am really pleased with the overall look of things there, now, so all our changes and hard work have been worth it. 

Heard some of my neighbours discussing the house next door, which still has scaffolding around it all:  they were saying how long it was taking to be done and I felt like running out into the road and shouting "Its been toooo long!!"

#########################

By the way, I keep meaning to mention my latest shoes - as you know, I set a lot of store by comfort these days. I bought some from Q*C which are called "Skechers Go Walk"   and they are just like wearing slippers in the street.   I went onto the Big River Site and found some at cut price so then I had another pair.......  my OH has made no comment, but I am in feet heaven!!   They have soft rubber soles and insoles which are memory foam type.  The outsides are a sort of canvas, they are unbelievably light in weight, & come in various colours.  You can even wash them!!  Cannot recommend them too highly.

EDIT:  And I have washed them, and they were fine!!

• Hey, Heather. Here's a page that explains all of the features and settings for the insulin pump. The first link will show you where to find the model number, which is kind of hidden, so you can access your user guide.

• Right that's it now in hibernation..

It seems if I order my sofa now I can have it time for Christmas....eeek!!

• Many thanks DIANE. I do think that Amy/Alison didn't look thoroughly when they gave me the details...

LINDY- I've already had a look at the Sketcher shoes after reading your post. They do look very comfy. I got a pair of Sketcher flip flops this year, in TKMaxx. Watch this space, I may buy some! I think that they would be good for walking in Madeira in November. Did you get your tablet computer fixed? I got my phone back today. As the whole world knows, I have a complete mental block when it comes to anything technical. Anyhow, I have done quite well - for me- and I have managed to get most of the functions that I had before, working. Eldest daughter did it for me when the phone was new.

AQ- if any of us deserve a break, it is you. Enjoy, and I look forward to your report!

I know that there are other things that I wanted to say to BRENDA,and LINDY and OG but they have flitted out of my brain. If they return this evening, I'll be back....

• WENDY- You mentioned the dreaded word!!  It has already cropped up in conversation with one or two of my children. Glad that you are cosy for the forthcoming months, in front of your woodburner. How I would love one but pigs will fly before that will happen :-((

• Wendy & Heather:    I went into our local s'market today and they had Bitesize Christmas Cake Pieces on display, plus some Santas & Snowmen made of chocolate!!  Aaaaaaaaaaargh!

We have just booked for a concert on the Monday after Christmas, its The Musicals at the Bridgewater Hall, where we often go for a treat.

• Glad you got your phone back, Heather.  My tablet is still inanimate, as I have not had time to pop into our local computer shop to ask their advice on why it won't charge up.  I hate having to keep coming onto the desktop as I miss stuff; it was so convenient having the tablet to consult when I had a minute.

• Christmas already? Nooooooooo! Just. no.

• WendyB: What's in hibernation?  What did I miss?

I'm ignoring Christmas this year; have bag at hand to put over head and will listen to non-seasonal podcasts on iPhone when in the vicinity of all retail outlets. Am also doing training exercises for relevant finger in preparation for anticipated heavy "mute" button activity on the TV remote.