DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~ Monday, 24 August 2015

I would like to wait for an announcement from the Centre before discontinuing the DUs - besides, we need a place to mutually commiserate during the withdrawal period, and where better? ;-)

While preparing this post I have been thinking of Moffer - it's crashed 3 different browsers >:(

DAYCAM 0540hr:

Now:

It's been raining - I could see raindrops dripping down in the top-right corner.

• We have reached the end of another chapter in the life and times of

ODIN and EJ at Loch Garten. and what a story it has been so far.and thanks to all for bring this to the thread.

The 2015 season has come to and end.

All that leaves to be said is roll on 2016 have a good winter wrap up warm Merry Christmas and happy new year to you all in advance.

And see you all in March 2016  

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• Good morning all. Very sad today:( End of the season and look forward to 2016!

Moffer thankyou for your brilliant summary of 2015, its really been a wonderful year even though no chicks, and pesky intruders. March will come around again so quickly as last march did. Dont want to wish my life away or anything! Thankyou all for your brilliant updates, observations and fabulous photos. The season has been brilliant because of your contributions :)

• See you all in 2016 and hope Ill be able to watch, observe and contrbute as you all have done. Farewell dear Odin and EJ. Maybe well see Breagh home next year? Take care all till then :)

• Sad that another season is over, hope to see EJ & Odin return next year!

Thank you to everyone for their tremendous efforts updating this thread over the season, and even though there were no chicks, there was certainly plenty of drama & brilliant screenshots captured.

Moffer - A great summary of the season - thank you!

• I would also like to thank Moffer for the excellent summary of this season, it was amazing to realise how much action there was! And thanks to all who have brought the season to us on this thread, it has been fascinating, - after the early shocks! I have been away for a few days and see that Odin has definitely gone now, so hope to see them both back next year and hope for chicks with no problems.

• Hello everybody.  A family member has had something of a medical crisis over the summer months, which is why I haven't been posting, as EVERYTHING else has completely gone by the board. The situation isn't totally resolved yet, but is generally looking pretty positive, so fingers crossed, come next Spring, I will be able to rejoin the fray, with whatever ups and downs next season will produce.

Anyway, I have managed to look in occasionally, so a BIG THANK YOU to everybody online, and to the Steven Spielbergs at LG, for keeping this season so vibrantly alive after all the early turmoil.  So many wonderful images of the feisty pair - hope they are now migrating safely (and I doubt Odin has EVER been so sleek and well fed at the end of the season since he attained maturity and started fathering chicks!).

Best wishes to all for the winter months, and roll on next Spring!

• Great to see you, Oldshoremore!  I hope your family member makes a full recovery.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• You're welcome.  I'm sure I wasn't the only one who wondered why you'd disappeared.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.