Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 16 August 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK!

Last week's chat thread is here.

Hi, all. I just thought I'd start the new thread since Annette has been busy with family/friends and is probably tired.

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. Not long before autumn now.

• had coffee at Tiso this am.One we paid for the 2nd was a regular freebie from Fecundo. On the way out OH just mentioned to a couple what a great manager Fecundo is. 3/4 of an hour we were still talking to these people we had never met before. They are from near Elgin so we may never see them again. I so hope we do. Remember a friend from Dorset saying when she goes for a walk people avert their gaze rather than even say hello. It certainly isn't like that here. Anyone from Dorset (not sure if that may be Margo) please do not take offence, this was just our friends experience.

• Hello.  Just had a quick Read Through.....   glad to hear that you are getting to grips with the fountain at last, Annette.

OG:  What a busy life you three lead!   Makes me tired just to hear about it, LOL!   ps.  They are not white chairs, the photo just makes them look white:  we have two beige leather recliners in our conservatory.  Of course, before Bonnie came into our lives, we said that she would not jump on the furniture, but that has gone out of the window as she jumps around generally and you might as well try and catch a moonbeam! Thankfully the chairs are well made and seem to be standing up to her bounding up on them.  When she has been for a walk, and has damp feet/undercarriage, we put small furniture on top of the chairs so that she can't jump on them.  She is not allowed in the sitting room where our big TV is unless we are there, and then she sits next to me on the sofa - but on a chair cover :-)

• dibnlib:  Nice pic of Benson, enjoying his snooze.  Your walks do sound enjoyable.  We find mixed reception to folks talking to you, here:  in the North of England folks are definitely more friendly than in the South, its just the way things are.  I often get into animated discussion with people, and we part friends.  We met some nice people the other day in the Hospital Waiting Room, there was not much else to do and we were there for hours, and all of us in the same boat, as you might say.

We've had a nice lunch with our little family as they passed by on their way home from Wales:  they were badly delayed by the holiday traffic and roadworks, but had lunch and cake with us and a short sit in the garden before going home, hopefully they are now back at base. Matthew has yet more teeth and a lovely grin!!

• Thanks very much to all those who wished me a happy birthday!!! Lindy, the card was very cute! Thanks.

I'll start the new thread later, so Annette doesn't have to.

Later, all.

• Diane:  Nice to hear from you!  Hope the little trip went well and you feel refreshed.

• Hello George, I too have gone onto W10 and find this happens. Google Chrome always remembered your password (providing you said yes) and you always seem to be signed in. W10 - I had to sign in tonight, but hey, it doesn't take long.  Glad to hear you have a date for your scan.

Lindy - lovely pic of Bonnie, she looks like she has mischief in her eyes,  lol.

Annette - tomorrow night there is a new 3 part programmed starting on the BBC about the whales etc migrating off the Californian coast, should really be interesting. Am I right in thinking that that is what you do (whale watching) voluntarily.

• read quickly through the article, sad that 4 rare ones were shot by mistake.

OG - seem to be getting to grips with W10. Not sure about customizing though. Have tried to.

All those who are feeling under the weather do hope you start to feel better soon.  Take care all and have a good weekend.