THE LG OSPREY GABFEST FOR AUGUST and SEPTEMBER, 2015

• Willow - Reading back and just found your report of your visit to RW from last month. I was away when you posted then the thread closed at end of month.

Pleased you saw all the birds from the hide and on the reservoir - RW is such a lovely place to watch ospreys and I am sure you will be an ardent follower of RW from now on and especially a keen interest on a few particular birds. I spent a weekend at RW in July 2013 and it was great news 2 years on to hear of 1J and 3J returning having watched them solid for two days.

Trust the same happens to you with S1 - S2 and S3.

• Off to look at LOTL and Strathallan after dinner as it is a lovely evening in Central Scotland.

The ranger said it was OK to use the hides after the VC closes as I have SWT membership.

Well we know I will not see the female at LOTL as she is belived to be on her way south since Friday and wish her the best after such a tremendous season for her and the nest. Haste ye Back.

• Keith, glad the cat has not got your tongue  as it has mine with typing problems   you know I am always delighted to get any news of Lochter or any osprey news, pictures or speculation.

Greetings, Willow

• Good evening all. I have yet to catch up with other news! Thanks for your reports of the other nests. Love your photos and makes me realise just how inadequate mine are of Rutland :( Must try harder! The truth is mostly inept as photographer but I just could NOT take my eyes off these wonderful birds! I almost was in a trance like state!

• A very good result this year for Loch of the Lowes with three chicks all fledgedLaddie must have had his hands full as he became used to feeding only one chick. Also i believe Lassie was a first time mother (could be wrong) She seemed as though shed done it all before! I understand she has left on migration. Fair winds and safe journey to her  :(

• Keith I think youre right EJ May have left our shores now not seen since yesterday! Almost end of another season. The time has flashed by. Has been a strange year with many arriving late because of poor weather. Odin arriving in the very early hours :)

Next year I would like to see some other nests perhaps Loch garten that would be good.

• KEITH SAID "LG and Manton Nest B were almost like for like. Two very successful nests and on both established pairings returned. They both aggressively came under attack in what can be described as a coup d'etat and in both cases the resident male could not defend the nest with subsequent loss of eggs and a Nest Failure. Also in both the male went away re-couperated and won back the nest but too late except for bonding between the pairings. Same results. Dissapointing YES but also EXCITING having the privilege to watch these goings on and understand what happens in the Osprey World (We are not going to change it or even attempt to)."

Excellent report. Agree with your conclusion 100%

• The news is starting to filter through of the ospreys especially the females leaving our shores. Certainly beatrice is well settled at her favourite stop over in France after her work is done and it looks like the new lady on the Loch and EJ will be on route.

Alan reports many sightings of ospreys pasing the south coast.

• Well still many ospreys to visit and will be doing so for the next month then maybe my next opportunity will be my visit to Equatorial Guinea in the winter.

Last night went to T in the Park but Noel Gallacher was not there this time with his High Flying Birds.

These were the only High Flying Birds and pleased they have done so well after the party.

This ammused me - you will see a second osprey at the top of the branch - just landed and looks part of the branch - it collided and knocked its friend  off the tree.

This time NO 85,000 crowd/per day - No deafening rock bands.

I had the entire estate to myself and the only noise was ospreys (They were very noisy though) pestering Dad for evening dinner.