DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten nest ~Tuesday 21st July 2015.

Yesterday was another good day for capturing photos of EJ and ODIN.
Many nice photos and videos were put on yesterday DU by none other
than Clare, SheilaFE, Birdie Num Num, CC - and of course Moffer and Scylla
who work hard in keeping the DU covered day and night so we can get some idea what has been happening.  There are also others that help to keep the DU running - Birdsong and Mary GK spring to mind - and I must not forget one of my teachers, not only with starting the DU’S but always there to keep us updated with his and Chloe’s website.  Yes,you got it, Tiger. All I can say is a very big Thank You to you all and please keep up the good work.

It has been a funny old season this year. I thought that after the eggs had been removed from the nest  would we need to carry on with a DU for each day - I am glad that you decided to keep it going, how wrong I would have been (gee whizz I’m having to eat humble pie now). It has been a wonderful insight this season to what Loch Garten can do with their cams which has come as a bit of a surprise to some of us. I think what they have done has really helped to save the season from being a complete washout - I take my hat off to them with a smile on my face and a big thank you to them. The only problem is now what will we all come to expect next season with the use of the cams? Have they now set a precedent for themselves?

As another new day starts time now seems to be flying by - soon we will all be trying to pick a day when we think they will be departing so all I can say to you all is enjoy them while you can. Have a good day everyone.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here