DAILY UPDATE ~ Loch Garten Nest ~ Tuesday 16th June 2015

Yesterday it was nice to see Odin and EJ in the love tree other than that all was  quiet.

We start a new day again all is so  quiet and no one on the nest at this moment in time.

"Birds are, quite simply, little miracles - and as such they require care and consideration."

Magnus Ullman

My Flickr account is here

• SunnyKate2 said:

I wonder where Breagh is now?  He could be well into France by now.

I reckon, could be the one seen Cornwall making way North and then seen Devon , so could be on the Nest in a few days.(Doh!! wishful thinking CHOL:):)

[/quote]Wouldn't that be wonderful?  He was really getting a move on so I imagine it's just possible!

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all :) I've been lurking for a while, looking at the various threads. I too have been looking for pics of Breagha. I did find this one,

Still all quiet on the nest.

• What wouldn't I give to be holding such a beautiful bird?  I wonder if that's Jen tickling him under the chin?

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Hello everybody - just popping in briefly - my goodness, the BC is very sprightly this morning! Long may it last.

Interesting pics of Breagha posted  - thanks all, for finding them.  I think he's got EJ's eyes - similar sort of direct yellow stare.

If he DOES make it all the way up to LG, I wonder what sort of reception he'll get?  I was under the impression that parent birds don't welcome their chicks back to the natal nest.

Glorious, glorious selection of pics of our magnificent pair on this thread over the last two days -many many thanks to all those who've captured them, and thanks of course to the LG camera team who have made it possible.  When I've got time I shall go back and ogle anew.

Still no news on 65?

Whoever ringed him must know who he is - he is thought to be a British bird, isn't he?

• Hi OSM. B65 is a Scottish dude. I'm sure that we will hear more in the next blog ;) There's a man that knows this bird.

• Oldshoremore said:
    If he DOES make it all the way up to LG, I wonder what sort of reception he'll get?  I was under the impression that parent birds don't welcome their chicks back to the natal nest.

They don't - but EJ has been observed to chase some intruders off much more gently than others.  There has been no way of knowing whether these particular intruders are offspring of hers - but that will all change if Breagh does return to his birthplace.

• Thanks Moffer and Clare for the info.  VERY interesting potential developments in store!

• Can you imagine the impromptu party which will be going on at LG if Breagh does reappear there?  I'd give almost anything to be there if or when it happens!

• It's just a fantasy, wishful thinking, that we'll see Breagha land on our nest ;-D

If the cams are still "mobile", maybe it's not impossible that we'll get a look at him if he returns to LG.

• I like your style Scylla of fantastical wishful thinking.

If he comes back as far as UK I think he will loiter in Perthshire, I'm not sure we will see him at LG but hopefully spotted around Perthshire a la Rothiemurchus.