Weekly Chat (Non-Osprey Topics), 1 March 2015

HAPPY NEW WEEK AND HAPPY NEW MONTH!

Last week's Chat thread is HERE.

Thursday, March 5, is the Full Moon.

Also,

On March 6, NASA's Dawn spacecraft will arrive at the dwarf planet Ceres. Ceres is the largest object in the asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

The Dawn space probe will spend several months observing Ceres and sending back the first close-up images of a dwarf planet in our solar system. You can watch the spacecraft's arrival at Ceres on a special broadcast of the Slooh Observatory:

U.K.: Friday 6 March at 6:00 p.m.
Eastern U.S.: 6 March at 1:00 p.m.
California: 6 March at 10:00 a.m. 

Scientists have already detected mysterious bright spots on Ceres and are anxious to discover what they are. INFO

Everyone have a great week!

• Good morning. Done the ironing – now awaiting OH with shopping to sort out and put away. Got an appt at the bank this afternoon, otherwise a quiet day.

Lynette – sorry about the man from your church; nice that the church can celebrate a new little one. Enjoy your singing – you must be very good, for them to invite you to join the musicians!

Annette – so pleased you and your garden got some rain and with more to come! I am sure Lightning will appreciate the new bed, having to share his humans with a guinea pig!

Brenda – we also had wet stuff at some time in the night, but now enjoying brilliant sunshine, and the weather predicted for W Scotland today could just miss us down here on the coast!

Margo – enjoy your day out with OH, and have a good week.

Everyone – have a nice day!

Ospreys Rule OK, but Goldfinches come a close second!

• Good afternoon all have been keeping up to date and I am glad to see that everyone has been keeping fairly well. Yesterday was  TV day as there was football on from midday till 6pm and that is one of my likes. I have also been watching the series about the working of parliament which I found very interesting.

On Friday I had to take my SiL to the hospital in Dunfermline as she had to go for another examination. Her son went with her to talk to the doctor as he was a nurse he can understand what is going on and then explain to his mother what is happening in laymans terms. She was given a date for her operation as the first of April.

I go up to my sons this Friday and we are going into Inverness on the Saturday and we are having our lunch at the Mustard Seed which I have visited before and then on the Sunday it is lunch at the Mossett Tavern in Forres which we usually go to when I go up to see them so at least I won't go hungry at the W/E.

Because I had to take SiL to hospital on Friday I didn't get my cooker installed and it is now going to be tomorrow.

Hope every one keeps well and Margo has good news today and Clare has good news re employment

george g

• Good afternoon, all!  I collected my car but it is now at our friendly garage having a wheel bearing replaced!!  No news jobs-wise.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• Morning all: More rain overnight! :-))

George: Your weekend away sounds super; if we don't see you before Friday, have a wonderful time - hope the weather is kind.

Clare: What kind of car did you get?.

• Unknown said:

I got a Ford Fiesta, 1.4.  It took some looking for - loads of people told me I'd struggle to find a 1.4 or less as they're so popular.  I'm pleased I waited until what I wanted appeared.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• George - Its good that your S-in-law now has a date for her operation. I know someone with only one kidney and it does not affect her life: she is fine. Hope your new stove is installed alright. I very much enjoyed the short series on the inside workings of Parliament, too. Some of those programmes made by the BBC are little gems. My OH and I are hooked on all the Railway Journey series made with Michael Portillo, both in the UK and abroad.
  • Clare Bailey said:

I got a Ford Fiesta, 1.4.  It took some looking for - loads of people told me I'd struggle to find a 1.4 or less as they're so popular.  I'm pleased I waited until what I wanted appeared.

[/quote]Great that you have your car sorted, Clare! Enjoy!
  • Annette: Glad you finally got some rain for your garden. Enjoy your whale watching! Oh, and hope you enjoyed "Downtown Abbey"!!
  • We finally got some proper sunshine today, instead of fleeting glances. This morning I awoke before 6.00am to the sound of complete silence- the wind had dropped. It was very very still, which meant that the wispy clouds were like a blanket and cut out the sun until nearly lunchtime, when they dispersed. We went to visit some friends who have been here for some weeks, but the gentleman has recently injured himself, slipping on some steps. Easily done as so much is marble &/or tiles here. The local clinic has been very good, dressing his arm daily. He is just glad that he didn't break any bones, just a lot of bad bruising and a deep gash in the arm.
  • Margo - nice to get a long post from you. Hope you have enjoyed your day out. We loved the series on Italy, too. My OH has never been, although I drove through it in my youth, with a youth (!!) and we visited Firenze (Florence) and Venice, which I loved. I have promised my OH that he will adore Italy when I finally get him there, probably on one of those Lakes & Mountains trips, as like me, he loves rugged peaks and places with few signs of life!