Technical Test Thread 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20

This is a carryon on from the original  Technical Test Thread

I could only link  to the top of that thread as any attempt to link to the bottom results in the dreaded white screen. 

So this is the thread for discussing technical problems. 

• There has been much discussion in Community.

Here is just one.

Elliot has said recently that they are experimenting with trying to sort. Latest reply HERE

"

Elliott B said:
    Hi Alan,

Yes, of course.

The fix to resolve the Rich Text Format problem is currently in a test version of the community and we are waiting for this to be scheduled and made public. I've chased our developer this morning and hope to have an update later today.

In terms of the default phot size, while I acknowledge the concerns that have been raised, there are currently no plans to change this.

Many thanks,

Elliott."
  • Not sure if the problem was solved but I know how to start a new PM
  • Karen, when you get here ......... I shall keep looking in hoping for a response to my query on the Manton Bay thread today about copywrite wording to put under pictures posted.and how to  do that. Thank you

• Unknown said:

Karen, when you get here ......... I shall keep looking in hoping for a response to my query on the Manton Bay thread today about copywrite wording to put under pictures posted.and how to  do that. Thank you

Hi Cirrus - firstly the link I am talking about will only work on the Manton Bay thread for it has been added to the opening post.   I  will try and explain more

RF - rich formatting is now working.  When you click on it you will see the text box and above it the opening post of the thread.  This is different to before as it used to be the last post that displayed.   

So once clicking on RF on the MB, there is an intro containing some info about Maya/33 and underneath that a list of some useful links.

Using the upload or D&D, when we add captures we need to add a copyright notice under the captures.   

So because the opening post is displayed, I asked Mike to add the Rutland Copyright Notice.  Mike did this and added it to the bottom of the useful links.

So when an image is inserted on the MB thread which requires copyright, we can now copy and paste the notice from the above (opening) post.

Within MB thread, try adding a capture and scrolling the post above where you can copy and paste  BUT of course you do not have to do this - you can type the copyright or use whatever method you are doing just now.   

It was just easier for me for I post a lot of captures in MB.  :-)

• The idea of the hyperlink produced in Karen's example is that should anyone click on it it will take them to the actual site.
  • Cirrus

Hopefully you may also find this useful

Here is a list prepared by Birdie displaying copyright notices to all the webcams which can be copied and pasted under captures.

Birdie Num Num’s  Copyright Notices & Webcams List

And here is the one I use for MB

© Leicestershire & Rutland Wildlife Trust

• Are you referring to Birdie's list Alan?

If so yes for that is where she set it up and you will see the individual copyright notices listed within it for each webcam. The notice is a hyperlink and that will redirect you to the particular site.

• Yes Alan for that is the copyright/webcam link for Rutland and is the one I use.

Also it is the one I asked to be added to the MB opening post that I didn't have to have Birdie's full list open and have to scroll thru ... I could just copy "one" link that was quick to find and relevant to Rutland/MB. 

• The list actually covers every webcam Alan and is a good idea for each notice keeps us right with the wording that is required to be displayed and also the fact that some for example Loch of the Lowes wish a link to their webcam included.

Good of Birdie to set it up for us and maintain.

And yes, I do hope Cirrus gets sorted.
  • "but I am a bit fed up with this system change, I think you can tell "

I never would have guessed Mary...!!Grinning