Technical Test Thread 2014/15/16/17/18/19/20

This is a carryon on from the original  Technical Test Thread

I could only link  to the top of that thread as any attempt to link to the bottom results in the dreaded white screen. 

So this is the thread for discussing technical problems. 

• Mike B said:
    Clare. If anyone quotes my posts I appear as 'Mike B'. No idea why!

Thanks Mike,saves me looking , cos I thought you resolved it Doh!!

• Hi Kate. Many issues remain unresolved and the more I discuss it with the IT staff the more I despair!
  • Clare Bailey said:

Lynn L said:
    When this happens to me, I go down to the bottom of the page and click Online Community, still a pain but maybe quicker than Main Website then Community?

Catlady, you're a genius!  That's much quicker.

I'm using Opera, by the way.

EDIT: Is Lynn L anything like your real name?  I keep appearing as Clare Bailey - and I've never been called Bailey.

Glad I could help with a bit of Tekkie information!

A tiny bit, part of the Lynn but nothing to do with the L!

A mystery indeed!

• PATILY

My default picture-handler (instead of Windows' offering) is IrfanView, which is a long-established, trustworthy freebie. I adjust the frames that IrfanView has built-in by changing the widths and colours and I'll put one on top of another and another until semi-satisfied (I'm never 100% satisfied because I can never get the right shades, for one thing).

IrfanView looks complicated (tho not as complicated as the most famous free substitute for PhotoShop, Gimp) but if you get to know the elements that you need bit by bit, and ignore the rest, it's very simple.  It's great for cropping and resizing easily.

I also use PhotoScape (free) and PhotoScape X (free in the Microsoft Store) but only for adding to IrfanView frames, neither of them have adequate basics, for my taste.  "Real-looking" picture frames don't suit my birdies or my style, I think Smile

I'd be rich if I had a £ for every time I've googled "picture framing software" or "borders", because I do love putting frames on, it feels like honouring them, daftie me.

• Thank you SOOOOOOO much SCYLLA I'll have a play around during the "off" season

I don't think its daft at al I fully understand Its sort of why I visit all the cams and read JD's reports at Kielder etc as it seems sort ofuncaring to favour one nest over another That sounds a bit daft too

Carry on being daft SCYLLA We all love the results
  • patily said:
    I'll have a play around during the "off" season

Gosh, the whole off-season is on its last legs - I wonder how you've got on?

I've raked up this thread to gnash my teeth about the THIRD Windows Update I've had SINCE SUNDAY!  So disruptive, and the second one switched off network, took ages to get back on Tired face

(Quality, Feature, Cumulative.)

• Thanks everyone for continued updates. I'm not posting much at present sorry. But I seem to have lost the 'notifications' alert which tells me when someone's posted an update. Apart from the historical '5' which have been there since 2019 and never seem to go away and I can't even 'read' them, no new ones have been added, but I know you guys aren't slacking. Any ideas? (not that I'll be alerted if anyone replies!!!), thanks.

• I've had the same issue re comment notifications all day, Korky. I've checked all my settings even unsubscribing to LG Forums and then subscribing again - nothing has worked. I have, however, been receiving notifications showing 'likes' to my posts.

Edit - I've also noticed that the number of 'views' for each thread hasn't altered throughout the day either

• Well I'm in very good company then Sandra, thanks!
  • I have the same issue--my notifications, apart from 'likes', stopped sometime in the middle of the night, I believe. I tried changing my settings, too, and nothing changed--still not getting notifications. Glad I am not alone, but it is worrying. Must be some glitch with the website.