• A Merry Christmas to all our readers

I’ll pass you over to Phil this week for news of the Reserve, but before I go, a quick update on our three osprey. Tore and Rothes are, as usual, content in their respective haunts, but Bynack has been on a sleepover again – this time he’s been visiting an area to the east of Dakar, Mbourou and returned the following day to Djoudi National Park. He certainly seems to like his trips away! 

I would like…

• Brrrrrrr, it’s a bit nippy back here in Blighty eh?

It’s good to be back.... I think.... though the contrast in weather is stark. More on that anon.

Firstly I would like to thank Julie Q for her sterling efforts to keep tabs on our tracked ospreys, Tore, Bynack and Rothes and for keeping you all up to date with the latest news on their whereabouts. Julie has been of invaluable help to us in managing the tracking data, when at other times, Jayne, Alice and I have…

• Stormy Weather

What a week of weather we've had here, from hurricane force winds and blizzards to cold calm days.  Richard has been out to check the osprey nest and it has survived the ravages of the last storm, but I see from the weather forecast that we have more strong winds coming over the next few days - a case of batten down the hatches!

Richard is back with us and feeling the cold after his visit to warmer climes - he will…

• You'll Never Guess.......

Great news that our three intrepid ospreys are still in their favourite haunts although yet again we only have two points of data for Rothes,she is still on the Ilha de Unhocomozinho. Tore seems content on the Casamance River in Senegal and Bynack north-west of Oiseaux de Djoudj National Park n Mauritania

Tore, Bynack and Rothes are languishing in tropical sun, whilst we shiver in the cold and snow. As you have probably…