Otter Antics (from the 13th Nov)

I had no idea others would be around, but one of the first people I met was Jim, who told me Hazy and Mike were also around. In the café, he thought, as per usual Slight smile However, it was some time before I eventually met them, mainly because I was forced to sit in the Causeway hide and watch this swimmy thing in the water...

Most were keen to watch but others found the presence of an otter quite disturbing, like the Teal who didn't like to see it creeping up behind them

It hung around for ages, just posing and looking good when it wasn't actually hunting

It did catch a fish and eat it in front of us (although it's hidden in its paws) 

It did come REALLY close, too, so close I could only fit the head in shot, which was fabulous

But my favourite was when it started porpoise-ing, apparently just because it could and for the fun of it.

That was by far my best otter encounter. Just a couple of other things  - a group of Whoopers

And a couple of aerial Pintail

I did eventually find Hazy and Mike, but what can you do when you're kidnapped by an otter and forced to watch its antics???