Potential Annual Forumates Leighton Moss Visit 2019

In order to ensure that I get the time off that I want,  I have to book my annual leave well in advance. To that end, I have booked Monday 24th June to Friday 28th June 2019. All being well, I plan to be in Silverdale from Saturday 22nd June until Thursday 27th June. Hopefully anyone who wishes to be there for the mooted 'Annual Forumates LM Meet Up' can now plan accordingly. Don't forget your mealies...

• I know I will be booking again with those reviews and its near Aldi and Tesco so I can get my food and drink from there :)
  • Just been talking to Pauline she sent me a message seeing I have booked two night this Sunday, she asked me what time wold I arrive because they are out visiting family and were is this, just down the road from me lol so we have each others mobile now and I said I would pass on her info to my friends she said give them my number so they can book through her not the webpage :)
  • PM me if you want her number, and if you do phone I will tell her that you will mention me Jim from the RSPB :)
  • Well if it was not for you Alan :) I might have been staying on the M6 travel lodge I now have this one and its only 4Miles away and she does a breakfast for only £4.
  • I will be booking more often Alan, and got names mixed up its Caroline and Ian not Pauline, and its very nice I have my own lounge shower and bedroom and I just found out the canal is just over the back and an Otter was seen there and Kingfishers :)
  • Last night sadly but there are other times :)
  • Just had a look at the link you gave me and it is Pauline I have been talking to a lot of Caroline's over the last week so getting mixed up lol
  • Got up to go to LM but sadly it was raining but no wind but that is due later with storm Gareth so i decided to come home early Ian, went to work and Pauline said i could take my time there was no rush she went out with the dog and I thought I would leave the walk on the canal for another day so came home before the gails come in so I am back home now and will get some picture ready :)
  • Just in case anyone is still requiring accommodation for the forumate meet up in June .........here are the current rates for Travelodge Burton M6 Northbound which is 2 or 3 miles north past the junction for Carnforth .       (advanced booking, no refund rate) . It is only ten minute drive to Leghton Moss and although this service area is on M6 you can nip out (legally !) on the quicker back route towards Silverdale without having to rejoin the motorway. There is Costa Coffee/Burger King/Gregs Bakers/WH Smith on site and you get 20% discount off at all these if you show your travelodge key !   Marks and Spencer food outlet is also there but no discount. .    

I have stayed at this travelodge three or four times and it is clean, albeit simple but comfortable accommodation, also quiet - especially if you ask for room at the rear.      I chose the 4 cheapest nights to show you as an example.     .     

Example: Room type: Family room

Sun 23rd Jun 19 £26.00
    Mon 24th Jun 19 £28.00
    Tue 25th Jun 19 £34.00
    Wed 26th Jun 19 £34.00

Total:
    £122.00

• Just bumping this post up now that the forumate meeting up at Leighton Moss is looming ! If anyone else wants to join the happy get-together I just checked out prices for the Travelodge (Burton M6 North) which is only ten minute drive from LM reserve. Prices now as follows:

Fri 21st Jun 19
    £51.00
    Sat 22nd Jun 19
    £61.00
    Sun 23rd Jun 19
    £36.00
    Mon 24th Jun 19
    £39.00
    Tue 25th Jun 19
    £48.00
    Wed 26th Jun 19
    £48.00
    Thu 27th Jun 19
    £44.00

We will be arriving in Silverdale for one week from Friday 21st June - Friday 28th June but staying in a cottage around the corner from LM.
    Out of interest, the cottage adjoining ours (Avocet), which is one minute walk from LM is currently still available for 4 nights from Mon 24 Jun - Fri 28 June................. for £411 which is a pretty good price as it is 3 bedroom.

Hope more of you can make it to the friendly meet up, it's usually a lot of fun ……….if you don't mind listening to some Yorkshire banter LOL !!!