Leighton Moss visit 22nd till 27th June

Just starting this thread so I can find it easier once I'm mobile.

I'm hoping to arrive at the reserve around 10:30 am tomorrow (fri) and if I haven't passed out with hunger the first port of call will be the cafe for a breakfast.

I'm really looking forward to the visit after hearing and seeing about the reserve from Hazel, Jim and Nigel et al.

It will be nice to see some birds and wildlife I don't get around me, so hopefully the weather will be kind for some photos.

Also looking forward to meeting up with the rest of the gang on here and finally getting to meet you all.

Parents
  • Finally, Thursday 28th. I could have stayed at LM for an extra 2 hours had I known that I would be sitting at Lancaster station until 17-09.

Juvenile BT near the Dipping Pool

Toadlet on the path

More of the psychedelic lighting under the bridge near the Dipping Pool

Juvenile Dunnock?

Male Reed Bunting in full song near the Causeway Hide

This rather striking bird was just past the Causeway Hide. Any ideas as to what it is?

This one was in the branches above the 'Eel Bridge'

Juvenile Pied Waggie hunting for insects over the water

Having a preen

Some more surreal lighting. This time highlighting one of the baby Pheasants

Flat out near the Dipping Pool

Nutty in a pool of light

Mr P

Final non-Robin pic of my visit. Nutty retrieving a wax worm from the feeding log

• Finally, Thursday 28th. I could have stayed at LM for an extra 2 hours had I known that I would be sitting at Lancaster station until 17-09.

Juvenile BT near the Dipping Pool

Toadlet on the path

More of the psychedelic lighting under the bridge near the Dipping Pool

Juvenile Dunnock?

Male Reed Bunting in full song near the Causeway Hide

This rather striking bird was just past the Causeway Hide. Any ideas as to what it is?

This one was in the branches above the 'Eel Bridge'

Juvenile Pied Waggie hunting for insects over the water

Having a preen

Some more surreal lighting. This time highlighting one of the baby Pheasants

Flat out near the Dipping Pool

Nutty in a pool of light

Mr P

Final non-Robin pic of my visit. Nutty retrieving a wax worm from the feeding log

Children
  • James G said:

"Alan, is there a cash point around here?"