Leighton Moss 27/10/2017

Called up to Leighton Moss today and its been a long day so will just get this thread started got there just before 7.30am and went to the causeway with a friend that I took and he has never seen a Bearded tit before and there were only three people at the tray’s but I said if he wanted to wait they probably would not turn up till about 9.00am when the sun comes over the hill so carried on to the public hide and there was only one chap in there and as soon as we looked at each other he said you go in the hide at Hollingworth Lake he comes from Rochdale too so it’s a small world :)
Anyway when the sun started to come up I said we should go back now and it was just before 9.00am got a nice position for him myself I was not bothered with getting some last week so let other people go in front of me “kind hearted” that’s me and I’m glad we did not stand there from the start because they did not turn up till 09.58am anyway I just got one picture and they were on the grit tray so this is the only one I have will post other pictures tomorrow.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Was a nice day to be out Jim and glad you managed to get up to Silverdale with your mate;  I bet he was thrilled with seeing the beautiful Beardies for the first time;  it's kind you let other folk take your space for the viewing, not many folk do that and plant themselves rigid for the duration !  I didn't see the birds last time I was there (apart from a few landing in the tree next to the rail) as there was a barricade of tall blokes  lol   I remember about three years ago, I got there at 7.15am, waiting till after 9.45am for the birds to turn up, by which time there was a football crowd of onlookers,  I took a couple or three dozen shots and then spotted a lady who was having difficulty seeing the Beardies so I offered to swap places with her - turned out she was a lovely forumate !    It's the right thing to do as some people may have travelled a very long way to see these special birds and never seen them before.  So good on you Jim :)  

Looking forward to your next photos.  

Regards, Hazel 

• Good to see, Jim, and well done for giving up your prime spot to others. I've yet to photograph a Beardie, they don't exist around my way unfortunately.

Tony

My Flickr Photostream 

• EDIT

This picture was taken just after 8:00am

@ Hazel, thank you and I know you did the same if we are happy with some pictures why stand there and get the same shot time after time, I did the same last week I let two smallish lady’s get in front of me and I could still get pictures over the top of them we are to kind hearted Hazel :)

@ Tony, sorry to hear you don’t have them your ways they are a nice looking bird one of the best I say.

This is the best I could do getting my first picture of a Gold Crest sadly it was very fast and never came out in good light I should have been using the 5D but the 7D is a faster camera but the speed was down to 1/80sec at 400mm so did not do to bad.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Some Robins for Paul.

DPR " Dipping pond Robin" near the tables.

DPR No2 " Dipping pond Robin" at the end of the Board walk this one took from the hand.

GTR "Grit Try Robin"

CWR "Causeway Robin"

EDIT

TJHR "Tim Jackson hide Robin"

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Nice start to your Leighton Moss Robin Census, Jim.

Unicum arbustum haud alit duos erithacos

(One bush does not shelter two Robins)

Zenodotus (3rd Century B.C.)

• Lovely photos of the Goldcrests and Robins Jim, those 'crests don't hang around long for pics so well captured.

Regards, Hazel 

• Just putting this one up for my mate Jim.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Very nice photos Jim

Regards, Hazel 

• Sorry Hazel, I was just about to post some more pictures and my mate phoned about LM tomorrow and he asked me to put a picture up of the Jay, so I will carry on with my post again.

Thanks Paul, looks like I may be going again tomorrow so will keep my eyes open for some new ones will have the wellies on so can go down to Lower Hide this time I only had shoes on and the water was getting a little deep.

They don't like to hang around Hazel, but I am going again tomorrow so will have it set up this time to get a higher speed then ISO 800 it was to slow for a sharper picture.

Some more pictures I got yesterday.

Not sure about these could be reed Buntings?

Swan having a good time.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group

• Buzzard above Tim Jackson hide.

Jim

Jim

My Pictures

My Fbook Group