I can't think of anywhere better to live

When we moved to East Anglia from deep in the Chilterns, where we were surrounded by Red Kites, deciduous woodland and rolling hills, I was worried that we had moved to a barren and lifeless wilderness - how wrong we were. My life has been transformed and the drive to work is now something that I look forward to every day. With Lakenheath, Ouse Washes and Welney on the doorstep, 2014 has been a fantastic year and is summarised in my FLICKR album. Please feel free to take a look at the following link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/79983443@N06/sets/72157647612654284/
  • Hi-

welcome to Norfolk

www.flickr.com/.../24915371@N02

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Wow........absolutely fantastic shots!  Good to see our beautiful region of East Anglia has gained another photographer to do it justice.

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Hi Tim,

Pleased that you are enjoying Lakenheath and the surrounding areas.  Clare should have said welcome to Suffolk and Nawfolk.  Happy New Year to everybody from Essex.

• In reply to neighbourhoodjim:

neighbourhoodjim said:
    Clare should have said welcome to Suffolk and Nawfolk.

Sorry about that!!  I'm lucky enough to live on the beautiful Suffolk coast, less than an hour's drive from Minsmere.  Sheer bird heaven!

Here's a quick peek at what is on my doorstep:

Felixstowe Ferry

Our herring gulls are red listed birds.  Think about that the next time you hear some flaming idiot calling for a cull of them.

• In reply to Clare:

Hello Tim,

It was good to see you out and about yesterday! Thank you very much for sharing these pictures, they are fantastic.

I had a similar reaction when I moved up here from Dorset (apart from the distinct lack of hills of course!)

We hope to see you on the reserve again soon.

David