Visit to Lakenheath Fen 21 June 2013

Many thanks to all the staff and volunteers at Lakenheath Fen.  We have been visiting throughout the week and everyone has had a fantastic time.

The children have enjoyed guided walks, pond dipping, finding minibeasts and craft activities.  We all came away so excited and have learnt so much.

What a fabulous experience for the children and adults and right on our doorstep, we are so lucky.

Thanks again to you all.  Everyone was kind, polite and thoroughly professional - the RSPB should be very proud!

Mandy Powell

Teacher and Trip Leader

Raleigh Infant School and Nursery

Thetford, Norfolk

• I was visiting the reserve with a friend on the 18th, and I must say, it was great seeing all the kids having such a fantastic time. I hope their enthusiasm lasts. They are our future for wildlife. Well done to RSPB for promoting this at their reserves.

• Hi Mandy

Thank you for the great feedback!  It's lovely to hear that you all had such a good time, I know we all enjoyed the week too.  Everyone was very well behaved and enthusiastic and it was a pleasure to show them the wildlife that calls Lakenheath home - and it's always exciting to see what gets caught during the pond dipping sessions!  I'm sure the artwork that was created will look great displayed around the school and will remind everyone of the trip.  Hopefully we'll see many of you back here soon!

Holdingmoments - it's also great to know that our visitors feel the same as we do, that getting children excited about nature is so important for the future of our wildlife.  Hopefully they will remember that moment when they caught a water scorpion in the pond or saw a roe deer peeping at them over the tall grasses in Brandon Fen, and feel like they want to find out more about what they discovered that day!