Fallingcat

Hi, it’s not a brilliant photo but I think one of your Great White Egrets has got lost! Seen this morning on Bute Town (not the one in Cardiff!) pond. I watched for about 30 mins as it moved along the north shore but was still hunting as I left. Pond stocked with carp by Rhymney fishing club so hope she caught something.

Parents
  • Thank you. Can't see it very clearly, but are you thinking it's one of ours because it has a red ring with white letters, or just because we have the biggest breeding colony? They do disperse quite widely after the breeding season, both adult and juvenile, but particularly juvenile. First report from Wales, though, so great to have!  We weren't able to ring any of the young this year due to covid restrictions, unfortunately. Alison Morgan (ringer)

Comment
  • Thank you. Can't see it very clearly, but are you thinking it's one of ours because it has a red ring with white letters, or just because we have the biggest breeding colony? They do disperse quite widely after the breeding season, both adult and juvenile, but particularly juvenile. First report from Wales, though, so great to have!  We weren't able to ring any of the young this year due to covid restrictions, unfortunately. Alison Morgan (ringer)

Children
No Data