hello...

Hi..introductions first..I'm the warden responsible for Fowlsheugh, nice to meet you..!!   

So, just around the corner is another seabird season..hooray!!..and preparations are in full swing.   This year we have a lot of visitor type work planned at the reserve.    A recently retired chap, called Mark Sullivan has volunteered his services to us this Summer.  He will be doing a series of guided walks at the reserve, starting in mid May, plus he will be there often on an adhoc basis as a source of information for our visitors.   In addition to Mark, there will be another person at the reserve on a regular basis.  He's also called Mark and he does a lot of odd jobs on the reserve including strimming the paths.  (another hooray...saves me a job!!)

I was supposed to visit the reserve today to some jobs, but the horrendous weather put paid to that.  I was supposed to put up the interpretation boards on the trail and also repair the steps that have taken a battering in the bad winter we have had.   I'll get these done as soon as this bad weather has passed. 

I have been down a few times earlier in the year and have seen plenty of guillemots and fulmars already.  The first puffins were noted on 8th March.  

• Hi Vicky! I've just found you =)  Embarrassed to say that despite living in Aberdeen for the last 20+ years we've never been before. We're planning to have a wander down next week to see if we can see some puffins and are looking forward to it.

• Hi Paula

judging by the photos you have added to this page..you had a great time at Fowlsheugh...welcome to the club!!  Also, thanks for posting the photos here. 

Vicky

• Hi Vicky, I popped in today and chatted to you briefly at the new shelter.  The reserve's looking in great shape and I think the shelter will be a good addition, particularly on the wilder days.  I do need to get there a bit earlier in the day I think and try and get some longer lenses!  I had no chance with that Peregrine.  I was also trying to get some slowmo video on the little camera but that was proving very frustrating as well. 

Next time I'll just enjoy the birds.  Here's hoping we have a great season.

• Hi David

It was nice to meet you and thanks for your positive comments about the reserve.   Hopefully catch up with you again up there over the season.