Just some advice please...

Hi all,

I'm planning a visit to the reserve over the weekend (probably Sunday 15th May) and I was just wondering the Purple Heron are still around and whereabouts on the reserve is the best place to see them.

I've been to the reserve before but only a few times and I'm hoping to get some photos so if I do then I'll post them here.

Thanks in advance for any info anyone can provide.

Cheers,

Gaz.

• Hello Gaz,

We were at the reserve last week and the Denge Marsh hide was pretty busy , it was where they nested last year.

Look out for the whitethroats they are everywhere.

Be lucky

RR

• In reply to Rocking Robin/John Whitting.:

Hi RR,

Thanks for the info mate.

I'll certainly keep my eyes pealed for the Whitethroats. Not seen one of those yet so that will be good if nothing else.

Cheers,

Gaz.

• In reply to Gaz:

Hi RR,

Well unfortunately the Purple Heron had already gone. Apparently two had turned up but the female never made it so they disappeared pretty quickly. I did see lots of Whitethroats though...

I was there with my Mum and Brother, but unfortunately Mum wasn't feeling too good so we didn't stay long. I definitely want to get back soon to get some better (closer) shots of the Whitethroats as they sometimes sit right in front of the first hide.

Cheers,

Gaz.

• In reply to Gaz:

Hello Gaz,

Fingers crossed for the Purple Heron. Nice photo of the Whitethroat.

Good luck on your next visit and hopefully Mum is feeling better.

Have fun

RR.