Glorious day at Old Moor 11/02/2019

It's been an absolutely glorious day today at Old Moor with lovely warm sunshine.

My visit started off even before getting in with the Peregrine sat on the pylon.

A record shot of the Sheffield Granddaughter.

I didn't bother with breakfast (had a bacon butty on the way so didn't faint with starvation) as I wanted to head down to see if I could spot any of the Beardies but sadly even after two visits I drew a blank.

So headed off to the hides on the other half of the site and managed to see these.

Teal

Common Gull?

Yoga Class

Green Sandpiper (record shot)

Dunnock singing at the side of the path..he was still there an hour later when I went back and one or two were trying to work out what Warbler he was LOL.

A Pair of Goosanders

Lapwing

Tufted Duck (m)

Too many little munchkins bug hunting in the garden hide area so nothing much there lol.

At the Tree Sparrow farm

Stock Dove shot into the sun

Bullfinch (m)

Goldfinch

Reed Bunting (m)

and not surprisingly in the Tree Sparrow farm

A Tree Sparrow

Sadly no Bramblings.....

The End.

My Flickr photos

• Looks like another crackin' day Alan. Great photos btw. :)
  • Looks like you had a good day despite the lack of Bramblings. I keep saying I'll go but I have 3 others within an hours reach and Old Moor is a little further so I haven't yet made it.

Nige   Flickr

• In reply to Nigel O:

Ive missed a week but planning a visit on friday. Love the lapwing photo, super colours
  • What a great day out Alan, fabulous captures of all the birds, especially the singing warbler! I knew Spring was imminent, and the yoga class. Not easy to get the Lapwing but you have managed some lovely shots there showing off their lovely plumage. Of course the Tree Sparrows just make me jealous, have yet to see any but have promised myself a trip down to the area not too far from here one day where two are showing just now.

Lot to learn

• In reply to gaynorsl:

Looks like you had a grand day out D ... your Dunnock doing a 'Howard' impression! Lol Have asked
    Peregrine question on Sheffield thread!

2013 photos & vids here

eff37 on Flickr