Slime and Beasts

Despite a noble effort by the sun yesterday it was finally defeated by determined clouds , and rain. A promising start for me was a weasel and a kingfisher within 30 seconds of leaving the visitor centre. But it was quiet at the bittern hide and the reed bed hide. There was a lovely little egret though - they are so white - how can they stay that way? A little grebe came to say hello at the reedbed hide and a reed warbler too. But then someone turned the tap on and it was a game of chicken getting back to the bittern bus stop. I satisfied myself by photographing a couple of slimies on the path.

I ducked into the Bittern Hide is the hope of a return of the sun but it was not to be. Three terns were entertaining though, acrobatically avoiding my camera. A lone little grebe - just a youngun, was scooping up delights from the surface of the water  and it did catch one fish. A cormorant flew in  - but a fair way off. I did get a photo and unusually for me , played with in in photo shop later.

But all was not in vain. It does come to those who wait. Mrs Fisher dropped in for a while and caught a fish. The light was very poor but she still looked stunning. Thanks to whoever chopped down the few reeds  that  were obscuring the perches - much appreciated :-) 

And down it went

And to end yet another brilliant day at Old Moor , another of Mrs Fisher and more slime - well I guess it is a black jelly fungus on the perch.