No Breakfast!

Old Moor breakfast. I was so looking forward to that. It came as a shock that the menu had changed.  But as I am never one to look on the dark side , I plumped for a sausage cob and was not disappointed.  It was not second best - and this might have been a sign. Was this going to be a great day at Old Moor. You judge.

After a slow start at the reed bed screen listening to elusive pingings  ( I will get you you beardies , I will one day) I progressed to the reedbed hide. The mute swan decided that the lake was not large enough for  it and the greylag  goose, so an entertaining game of chase and fly took place. I bet on the swan. I was right . 

Some tufted ducks were posing well, a little egret flew over. A cormorant did a passable impression of a marsh harrier. And I waited. And I waited. The tufted duck smiled. 

'You daft human. Nothing much is going to happen today. And I waited. A pair of great crested grebes were also taunting me. 'We might display - but maybe not'.

Then.

Things hotted up. 

I have waited for a long time to see this in all its glory. And Old Moor delivered. As it does every time I visit. And as a bonus a terrapin! 

My sister asked if I saw the terrapin at the station. Ten stars for anyone who understands that reference! 

Night night.