Recent Sightings -12th to 18th January 2019

• I have to be honest and say that I had hoped that by posting your sightings on here that you would have made it a proper Forum Post so that we could enjoy the details of the photographs. Other than that, its good to see the sightings listed and it will be interesting to see if it clocks up more views than previously. 

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

I appreciate your efforts in writing a second Forum posting about Storm Erik and it is much better being able to enlarge the photographs. However, something clearly went wrong as there appears to be a rogue avatar and some rogue elements at the end of the posting - essentially we are unable to comment on your post.

----------

Cheers,

Bob

My Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bobs_retired_now/

• In reply to Bobs_Still_Retired:

Thanks Bob for your concern. The second forum post was purely copied and pasted from the original Blog - not constructed from scratch as the original was which might explain the strange avatar.

However, it was the poor visibility of the Blogs on the Campfield Homepage which had changed after the recent update, that was my main concern. I can see that submitting an intended blog into the forum certainly makes it more visible particularly to visitors to the site who are not familiar with the subtleties of its new workings - but that is not the intention of the forum.

It is a pity that an Upgrade which could have made further improvements on all fronts, did in fact destroy something that already worked well. I had originally wondered if Blog owners like myself or admins, could change the order in which items appear in the headlines of their particular Reserve, thus allowing us to make the Blogs appear first and therefore more prominently on the Home page, in preference to Forum items - which in our case are very old and therefore not currently relevant. Makes it all look unprofessional to the casual viewer and frustrating to those who find they now cannot find information in the places they used to do!!