Campfield Marsh Saturday 16th.June 2023

I’m This is where  I visited on Saturday. Campfield Marsh one of the lesser well known RSPB reserves in the Uk. Quite remote as ti get to the car/coach parking at Campfield Marsh. You to travel ever. Although when you leave the main on to a narrow road with lots it a long time getting there as the coach had to travel so slow. This is the third time in 10-12 years I’ve visited Campfield Marsh. There are 3 hides on this reserve. Plus a number of viewing screens. Very small car park. ApRt from my RSPB Group there were only 2 or 3 other individuals on the day of first long distance trip by coach from North East England on Daturday just gone. Sadly 2 days go my new digital had in for repair. Luckily just 4 weeks before the ends. So sadly my camera on Saturday After we had our bait. I decided I would to explore another part of Campfield Marsh of which onlu another 2-3 individual members planned to do the same away from the three bide hides and walks around 3 miles across a raised peat bog. The best to go round the pear bog is Spring andAutumn. The last 2 visit I satayed around the wetland area all day. So I decided to do the 3 Mike walk into the peat bog which had, had quite a lot of rain over the last few days. But luckily for me and the rest of my local RSOB Group on the weather was remarkably far better than expected as the forecast had been for heavy rain all day. But it was sunny but windy and cold. But we where all well wrapped on Saturday. The short video above the main wetland area near the entrance . But below I’ve taken a lot of photos in my walk along the 3 Mike walk along the oeat bog. In the Spring/Summer period it’s alive with insect and small water wikdlife in this bog. Photo’s below.

Regards,

Ian.