visiting in September

Good Evening, I have decided to have a late Summer Holiday in September and will be visiting the Isle of Wight. I will be staying in Sandown and intend to visit Brading Marshes (RSPB) reserve, when is the best time to visit? I expect the number of birds depend on the State of the Tide. 

Any Replies will be useful and appreciated

Regards

Jonathan Anderson

• I visited there in 2016 on the Newcastle Upon Tyne's RSPB Groups annual week long holiday to the Isle of Wight. Unfortunately access is very restricted to Brading Marshes. There are no bird hides and you can only view from a distance. The Newcastle Group did try to get a guided walk in 2016, but sadly the Group where unable to do so, as I have read on the internet that is the only way to get access to inside the reserve with a volunteer or a staff member leading a group on a tour on that reserve of the RSPB.

• Hi-  it has to be said that due to limited access Brading Harbour is the most easily watched area there and it is better IMHO in winter;  Plenty of Med Gulls in autumn; In September on the Island its probably best to go west - Newtown harbour should have passage salt water waders. The needles area should produce migrants in suitable weather;

Check the I.W.O.G. website

S

• Thank you Seymouraves and THOMO for your replies.

Best Wishes for a Great Day Birding etc.