A Day With The Gannets At Bempton Cliffs

Bempton Cliffs video

I hope I have posted this in the correct place, apologies if not. Me and my wife have recently took an interest birdwatching, which began in the lockdown with a bird feeder and progressed to us joining the RSPB at our local site - Saltholme. We paid a visit to Bempton Cliffs on a cold and drizzly August earlier this year, where we had two enjoyable days watching the gannets. I hope you enjoy my film.

• You have absolutely posted this in the right place. What a lovely video! My husband and I managed to visit Bempton in early July - we've yet to visit late enough in the year to see the youngsters' black plumage emerging so it was a real pleasure to watch your lovely video. Thank you!
  • Welcome to the forum John, what a cracking video, such master's of the air the Gannets. Thanks for sharing really enjoyed watching it. I have not been to Bempton for some years now, bit of a trek from Suffolk.
  • Hello from the cliff tops - you most certainly have found the right place for your fab film. We could watch gannets all day long - and your movie captured them in all their glory - tho' I especially liked the slo mo of the gannet's bottom wiggle on take off. If you fancied doing a 30 second cut down of the best of your gannet action, we'd be happy to put it on our social media. If you do, give me a shout. And thanks so much for sharing. maria.prchlik@rspb.org.uk
  • Fabulous footage :o) Ever since I was a nipper I've been keen on gannets, but I've only ever seen a couple, and that was from a distance, this last summer!
  • Really enjoyed that, John. It may have been a cold and miserable day but your video was excellent. Very professional looking. Thank you for sharing your couple of days.