Excellent ID quiz......

I know how a lot of you like testing your selves when it comes to identifying birds, well I found this excellent quiz to really get you thinking and using your Collins field guide. It's just a bit of fun but really helps. There are some really tricky ones and a few extra rare ones so ....enjoy! http://birds.ceeege.com/Birds_Identification_Quiz.php Paul
  • In reply to Shane:

6/10 - You need to choose your guesses from the pull-down menu - I got "dunnock" marked wrong because I typed it without a capital D.

• In reply to Greenlady:

Hi-  I got 2 out of 5-   I was correct-  the quiz was wrong-  I DO KNOW a Grey Partridge, Great Bittern, Northern Lapwing, Great Black backed Gull  and a Great Crested Grebe when I see them

I even got Cirl Bunting wrong-  and there is NO hyphen :))))

:)

Possibly badly programmed??

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

• In reply to seymouraves:

Yeah, ok....a few errors in programming, but the general focus is very good....I think anyway!

• In reply to Paul Morton:

LOL-  Not if putting in the right answers comes up wrong  STORM PETREL is NOT  European Storm Petrel and Bohemian Waxwing is NOT Waxwing-

:)

S

For advice about Birding, Identification,field guides,  binoculars, scopes, tripods,  etc - put 'Birding Tips'   into the search box

Really? That hasn't happened to me once???

• In reply to Paul Morton:

Hi-  I copy pasted the names across-  STILL got Robin wrong - also brambling-  and some of the photos are wrongly labelled anyway.

Amusing though-  my wife was getting them right BUT it said she was wrong

It's  TOTALLY inconsistent-  It lists Greenland Redpoll-  ( not a good species anyway)  but NOT Northern  (as opposed to Greenland if he's listing subspp) Wheatear :))  It has COMMON Spoonbill but not Common Whitethroat!

I typed in     Cormorant-  it said wrong the correct answer was    Cormorant   -  

LOL

S

Seymour,it was only done for us Darset birders LOL,we are not very fussy.As long as it has wings,feathers,legs and either a bill or beak that does it for us.We call ourselves twitchers and put a tick in the box whatever.