Arne Bird Feeder cam

I've enjoyed the live cam from Arne - first Kestrels, then Swallows and now it is on a very popular bird feeder

I've seen nuthatches, great tits etc and here is a hungry Grey Squirrel - hope they keep refilling the feeder!

• Here's a great tit - just successfully extracted a peanut!

and one of my favourites (as they never come to my garden - too urban)  Nuthatch - hits the feeder with such force, the head is blurred!

also love the fact that the sound is so good so you can hear more birds than you can see.  You can also hear the chatter of passerbys enjoying Arne too!

• Hi Birdsong - just shows how much I know - I posted this pic the other day and I thought it was a red squirrell..........

Do you know what variety the birds on the ground are - they are a bit fuzzy view & scurry round so fast I can't tell???

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 26/08/2012 03:07 in reply to WendyBartter

The feeder cam is always popular esspecially as a feature in the winter but is really busy at the moment. I do have to chase the squirrels off because they do tend to take over. We have a family of great spotted woodpeckers who use this feeder. The juvenile is starting to lose its red head.

Hi Wendy - the birds on the ground are chaffinches - they are feeding on bits of peanuts that the other birds discard!

Hi birdsong - glad you are enjoying it - it is a great camera with a really clear picture and the sound does add an extra dimension too!

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 26/08/2012 03:07 in reply to WendyBartter

The feeder cam is always popular esspecially as a feature in the winter but is really busy at the moment. I do have to chase the squirrels off because they do tend to take over. We have a family of great spotted woodpeckers who use this feeder. The juvenile is starting to lose its red head.

Hi Wendy - the birds on the ground are chaffinches - they are feeding on bits of peanuts that the other birds discard!

Hi birdsong - glad you are enjoying it - it is a great camera with a really clear picture and the sound does add an extra dimension too!

• Thank you Michael for your info - I find this feeder cam very interesting because you have birds there which I do not see in my garden, also it is very relaxing to watch their comings & goings.  I am surprised to hear that the ground feeders are chaffinches - they look bigger & less recognisable from the top view.  Are the squirrels grey?  It's a shame they are so greedy, I do like to see them as again I see so few but we do have an albino one in a cemetery a few miles from here who is now quite tame as so many people feed it!!

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 28/08/2012 02:46 in reply to WendyBartter

Hi Wendy - the chaffinches do look a bit different from that angle and they are a bit out of camera range so are a bit fuzzy! The biggest identifier from this perspective is the white bars on the wing. The squirrels are grey but sometimes their coats can look a bit gingery!

• Trying to post if I happen to see a different species on the feeder - here's a Blue Tit

• Hi Michael - good morning - can't get the cam today - problems????

• Former Contributor
    Former Contributor 06/09/2012 00:28 in reply to WendyBartter

Hi Wendy - Sorry had one of the Arne power cut which happen from time to time - Will be up and running again tomorrow morning now.

• Hi Michael - guess what???  Can't get cam again!!

p.s. Hope you are well