• Get ready for Big Garden Birdwatch 2018!

With Big Garden Birdwatch 2018 rapidly approaching RSPB Scotland’s Jess Barrett takes us through all things Birdwatch in this blog.

Get ready for Big Garden Birdwatch 2018!

Did you know that Big Garden Birdwatch is the largest wildlife survey in the world? It’s not long now until we’ll be asking you to spend an hour of your time counting the birds you see in your garden – you can register on…

• The nature diaries of Hamish Leith

This blog is written by Fiona Weir who is the Programme Manager of the Giving Nature a Home in Glasgow project for RSPB Scotland. 

In September 2017 I met with Agnes Leith at her home in East Kilbride. Agnes and her friend Pauline had been in contact with the RSPB about her husband’s nature diaries and I went along to meet them and read the diaries over tea and biscuits. It was clear straight away that they had been…

• Lynx – the way forward?

Stuart Benn, from RSPB North Scotland, brings us this blog on lynx - a closer look at their possible reintroduction to the UK. All photos were taken by Pete Cairns.

For the last few years, I’ve been one of the people within the RSPB thinking about whether lynx could ever be reintroduced to the UK. During that time I’ve spoken to many others both here and abroad, listened to their experiences and learned from what they…

• Shiants episode 9: From winter to summer

Welcome to the ninth instalment of our work on the Shiant Isles Recovery Project. Here Jack Ibbotson, Molly Heal, and Johnny Tayton give us a glimpse of life on the islands while undertaking survey work for the project. The project is an initiative to remove non-native black rats from the isles in order to provide safe breeding sites for Scotland’s globally important seabird colonies. It is part funded by the EU LIFE+ programme…