• For those in peril on the sea

I’ve blogged before about Slavonian grebes, how they aren’t doing so well and the work we’re putting in to find out what’s going wrong.  Part of the puzzle is to know where the birds are during the six months or so that they aren’t on the breeding lochs and modern technology may just be the way to find that out.

• Happy Winds-day everyone – I do hope you’re outside!

New blog from Rebekah Stackhouse, RSPB Scotland's Education and Youth Programmes Manager.

Happy Winds-day everyone – I do hope you’re outside!

Whilst our weather today might not be quite as bad as Winnie the Pooh’s “mild spring zephyr” in Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day, I wouldn’t blame anyone who stayed in to guard their honey this morning. As proven by Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore…

• The Bizarre, the Big and the Beautiful

Trainee ecologist, Helen Dickinson, introduces us to some unusual invertebrates.

The Bizarre, the Big and the Beautiful

Dicranopalpus ramosus (Cambridgeshire)- This creature with no common name is a member of the harvestman (Opilones) order. Opiliones are not spiders as commonly believed, as there is no distinction between body sections. A harvestman appears to be made up of a single oval, where as spiders have two…

• And now for something completely different...

RSPB Conservation Manager, Stuart Benn, has recorded an audio blog this week. Check it out!