• In pursuit of butterflies

I’m delighted to present a guest blog from butterfly expert Matthew Oates. You can read about Matthew’s new book, “In Pursuit of butterflies: a 50 year affair” in the current issue of Nature’s Home (pg 87) and I cannot recommend it enough! Here’s Matthew with a blog that I hope will have you heading out next time the sun shines...

Midsummer sees the butterfly season at its zenith.…

• New Forest Foray - Hunting for Odonata

Sometimes, convincing less wildlife inclined friends to spend hours investigating various habitats for obscure species of flora and fauna can be difficult. This certainly was the case last weekend when me and three friends went camping in the New Forest. And it wasn't just my buddies causing the weekend to not go quite to plan.

Beautiful demoiselle, one of the species I was looking for - image courtesy of Flickr…

• Wildlife photography masterclass - top travel tips

Your Autumn 2015 Nature's Home magazine is on its way to you. I've already had lots of great feedback on the images in this issue (wait until you see our stone-curlew feature opener!), so I hope the latest guest blog from wildlife photographer, Tom Mason, combined with your latest magazine will inspire you to get out with your camera - and send us your results! Here's Tom with a selection of his amazing images…