• Insects on the wing

With the much more pleasant weather now upon us (though the rain clouds are looming as I write this), I've been enjoying getting out more and more. Recently this week, I spent some time in a small grassy patch along a footpath to capture some images of the blue bells now that they are starting to bloom. Something I also noticed was that the usual bane of my outdoors life, the stinging nettle, had also come into flower…

• Young Birders

A lot of people may find it easy to believe that bird watching as well as other observations of the natural world) and the conservation efforts that go with it, is a field that is dominated by the older generations. On Wednesday I got to attend a young birders workshop arranged by A Focus On Nature, and was able to meet a fantastic group of young people at the BTO headquarters in Thetford. I listened to many of them…

• Things to Look Forward to.

For me, this week got off to a great start. I found out that I have been accepted onto an internship with the Isles of Scilly Wildlife Trust that is due to start this summer. I’ll be spending 4 to 6 weeks helping to organise and build their image library, working with the other staff on the islands and generally having an amazing time! You can read a little more about the amazing work that the team out there have been…

• Your Emails 2

Continuing along the theme of last weeks blog post, I will be featuring more emails from our readers as there are so many great questions, images and stories to share!

Your Questions

This week, I've decided to choose a question that I've had come in a few times here at Natures Home magazine, and recently it has been asked by Stephen Batchelor. He tells us about the pheasants that regularly visit his garden…