• Your Emails

This week in the blog, I’ll be catching you all up with some of the emails that I receive regarding everything from wildlife stories, identification help, and the questions and photographs that you all send in to the team here at Natures Home magazine. I love this part of what I do with the RSPB, so it’s only fair that I talk about it! As I’m normally off gallivanting with my camera, and due to the sheer volume of emails…

• The Importance of Invertebrates

Over the last week, I’ve seen a few signs that people are setting up things such as “insect hotels” in their gardens in order to attract as many bugs as possible over the coming months, and that some have started putting out moth traps to see what’s making a return to their garden now the milder weather seems to be settling in. Although insects will ideally have used these “hotels” as places to over-winter in, it’s…

• Moonlighting at the Country Living Spring Fair

I’m feeling particularly pleased as I write this because we’ve just put the third issue of Nature’s Home to bed – sending all the final pages to the printers means the hard work is done and we look forward to seeing the fruits of our labours in beautiful, perfectly-printed magazine format! 

It’s been great fun working on this issue and I won’t give too much away, except to say it’s by far my favourite…

• To The South And Back

It’s been a bit of a busy week for me this week, starting off the week down in Southampton not only to visit friends, but to spend a little time doing some bird watching around the Pennington Marshes along the Hampshire coastline. Since I’ve been back home I’ve been having plenty of late nights and early starts, getting out regularly trying to catch a glimpse of some owls that have been reported to be present on a nature…

• People in Conservation.

At the start of this week (by which I mean last weekend), The Photography Show was on at the N.E.C in Birmingham, and seeing as I was there with fellow wildlife photographer and artist Matt Lissimore to see what the world of photography had to offer, you can imagine my surprise to see the RSPB being represented by some of its volunteers! They had some great information on the RSPB available to those who were interested…