• A Helping Hand for Nature.

A little over a week ago I had the pleasure of being shown around Alvecote Wood, a small area of ancient woodland near my home in Tamworth. The woodland is owned by the husband and wife team of Stephen Briggs and Sarah Walters, and I had the pleasure of meeting Sarah personally to show me around the woodland. A fellow wildlife photographer, and conservationist, Sarah was a fountain of knowledge and really opened my…

• The UK's Most Elusive Species

A press release came in to the team at Nature’s Home magazine last week detailing the ten most elusive species in the UK and it got us thinking, have any of our readers seen these species out in the wild for themselves? The report was the result of data collected from the general public, but surely our dedicated members of the RSPB would result in a much higher percentage of us having seen some of these species, so we…

• A blow out in Kent

I was up all night on Valentine's Night. The frighteningly damaging gales were causing havoc outside and I've been a bit wary of strong winds since I saw my Mum's washing blowing off the line when I was a kid. I got very upset that it was lost forever! As the bedroom wall started to creak as the wind hit 60-70 mph, I was seriously worried about what I'd find in the morning. 

My mind was racing with thoughts…

• Come Rain or Shine.

If you've been paying even the slightest bit of attention to the news over the last couple of weeks, then you will definitely know what’s been making the headlines. The good old British weather. The continuation of floods across many regions throughout the UK, and the seemingly constant downpour of rain and battering wind have given us a lot to talk about. Not only due to the problems that are has caused for many people…

• Familar birds in Middle-earth

Thanks to Nature’s Home volunteer Ed for keeping the blog updated over the last few weeks or so while I’ve been away on Honeymoon. Ed is doing a great job helping me out with the huge volume of emails and letters that you are sending in - keep them coming please, but please bear with the team of myself and Roger and Ed (my amazing volunteers) as we try to keep up!

While the weather here has been causing problems…

• A Rekindled Love of Bird Watching.

For the past three years now, I have always considered myself a wildlife photographer first and foremost. When someone asks what I do I always answer with “I’m a wildlife photographer”, but it seems that I have forgotten exactly why and how I came to do what I do in the first place. A simple love of watching wildlife. I, like many others in this sort of work, was always into nature when growing up. I was glued to the…