• Nature's Home is a record-breaker

Since the first issue of Nature's Home hit doormats in mid-October, a record 800 e-mails (and 60 letters) have come in to me - and they are still pouring in. The previous best was 370 e-mails on the back of the January 2012 issue. It's great to hear what you think and there has been a good mix of positive feedback, plus constructive criticism that will help us to shape future issues. Many, many thanks for taking the…

• Win a motion-triggered camera for your garden

To be in with a chance of winning one of three motion-triggered cameras (as seen in Nature’s Home magazine Winter 2013, page 84) simply send an e-mail, titled "Birdcam competition" to natureshome@rspb.org.uk

Make sure your email has the subject line “competition” and that your entry gets to us by 19 November 2013.

Terms and conditions

1        Entries must be received by 19 November 2013, irrespective…

• Don't miss Snettisham's salty spectacular

When I joined the RSPB with my Mum and Dad back in 1992, I remember the incredible excitement of getting the welcome pack - the cover on Birds magazine was, I believe, a red-throated diver and there was loads of other great stuff, BUT it was the little blue and white "Guide to RSPB reserves" that got my attention more than anything.

The thought that I now had access to what at the time was probably something like…