Thanks to Bill Oddie, I've been pondering the good side of human nature this week.  Here is how you can help the Prime Minister tap into his own good side.  Have a read of this extract from our excellent climate change blog

"On 26th April, our Prime Minister, David Cameron will deliver an environmental speech (his first since the election) to global energy ministers at the Clean Energy Ministerial meeting in London. This speech is a crucial moment in the fight against climate change. We know our Climate Change Minister, Greg Barker, has recently shown his backing for more ambitious climate targets but now we need the Prime Minister to take this message to the international stage.

The story so far tells us that the EU is currently committed to a 20% cut in carbon emissions by 2020, but scientists agree that this reduction target has to be at least 30% if we are to stay within safe levels of climate change.

Today we can put pressure on our Prime Minster to publically show his support for the 30% target and to persuade the rest of Europe to back a more ambitious emissions reduction target.

As a founding member of the Stop Climate Chaos Coalition we are working together with the campaigning organisation 38 degrees, and partner NGOs including Friends of the Earth and WWF to reach as many people as possible. This is your chance to step up and call on Mr Cameron to show that the UK supports the need for greater carbon emission reduction.

Please click here and email the Prime Minister today! And, don’t forget to tell your friends to do it as well!  Together we can make a difference."

Do give the Prime Minister a little nudge on this one.  It will do you and him some good...

Parents
  • Hi Martin, I have sent my e-mail to the PM. One point that it might have made a little clearer is, what are the percentage cuts being requested percentages of? I believe them to be percentages of the UK's aggregate 1990 CO2 emmisions excluding aircraft and shipping, but politicians often talk about percentages without defining the basis of them which really makes them meaningless.

Comment
  • Hi Martin, I have sent my e-mail to the PM. One point that it might have made a little clearer is, what are the percentage cuts being requested percentages of? I believe them to be percentages of the UK's aggregate 1990 CO2 emmisions excluding aircraft and shipping, but politicians often talk about percentages without defining the basis of them which really makes them meaningless.

Children
No Data