There is a lot going on at the moment.  And I am here to help.

If you are concerned about High Speed 2, why not read my colleague Andre Farrar's blog here.

If you are concerned about the implications of us leaving Europe you could always listen to my interview on Farming Today last week.  You can find it here about 8 minutes in.  I waffle a bit - but you should be able to get the gist. 

If you are concerned about the future of the United Kingdom... well that's one area where I really am not going to comment.

But, if you just want to be distracted by all of this, why not simply take a moment to look at the image below. 

This picture was taken by a licensed doormouse surveyor called Liz Cutting at our Wolves Wood Nature Reserve in Suffolk.   It is our first record of the species in the reserve's 40 year history.  As Liz says, the discovery of dormice at Wolves Wood is testament that if you have a solid block of well-managed woodland with plenty of suitable habitat, dormice will respond.  And they have, which is great.

Surely one to warm even the coldest of hearts.

Parents
  • I agree that there is still more to be done to make the carbon case for HSII.  And we shall continue to push on this point.  And, Peter, on the barrage, if it is deemed to be necessary as part of our future energy requirements, it makes economic sense and there are no more environmentally benign alternatives, we have always said that we would support it provided that adequate compensatory habitat was in place prior to construction - according to the terms of the directive.  We have not been convinced on need and government ruled it out on cost grounds.

Comment
  • I agree that there is still more to be done to make the carbon case for HSII.  And we shall continue to push on this point.  And, Peter, on the barrage, if it is deemed to be necessary as part of our future energy requirements, it makes economic sense and there are no more environmentally benign alternatives, we have always said that we would support it provided that adequate compensatory habitat was in place prior to construction - according to the terms of the directive.  We have not been convinced on need and government ruled it out on cost grounds.

Children
No Data