I expect Sigrid Rausing to get a letter from the Countryside Alliance in Scotland, and a write-up in the Shooting Times, for suggesting that the lack of eagles in some parts of Scotland, and on her estate in the Monadhliath, is due to the fact that sporting estates bump them off.

But it is what I believe too.

Parents
  • JonathonWallace ------without being too rude you live in fantasy if you do not believe bad egg in every basket ref police,teachers,politicians,judges whatever you like to name,it is in this age just impossible and I find it hard to think that someone believes differently and please do not think I am thinking bad of you I actually admire your innocence,if you find it improbable that such an event has occurred then where do these people get so well informed from?.Think we were suggesting equal treatment more than how you interpreted it and almost certainly by all accounts the RSPB gave permission for a photographer to film Hen Harriers from such a close distance that the nest abandoned so in that case the C E of RSPB would using the law of land owner being responsible for gamekeeper would have also been responsible.

What we were really pointing out and which no one will acknowledge is what a ridiculous law this is because hardly any gamekeepers get caught and now they will be more careful,perhaps only Trimbush and me know on this forum the difficulty of policing a moor of thousands of acres and as I have said before how do you prove even with the million of one chance of witnessing it the fact the gamekeeper did not as he states accidentally put his foot on the Hen Harriers nest accidentally as he did not see it.

I am all for protecting raptors but this is getting us no further forward and in fact my guess is it will harden attitudes on both  sides which makes things worse.

Comment
  • JonathonWallace ------without being too rude you live in fantasy if you do not believe bad egg in every basket ref police,teachers,politicians,judges whatever you like to name,it is in this age just impossible and I find it hard to think that someone believes differently and please do not think I am thinking bad of you I actually admire your innocence,if you find it improbable that such an event has occurred then where do these people get so well informed from?.Think we were suggesting equal treatment more than how you interpreted it and almost certainly by all accounts the RSPB gave permission for a photographer to film Hen Harriers from such a close distance that the nest abandoned so in that case the C E of RSPB would using the law of land owner being responsible for gamekeeper would have also been responsible.

What we were really pointing out and which no one will acknowledge is what a ridiculous law this is because hardly any gamekeepers get caught and now they will be more careful,perhaps only Trimbush and me know on this forum the difficulty of policing a moor of thousands of acres and as I have said before how do you prove even with the million of one chance of witnessing it the fact the gamekeeper did not as he states accidentally put his foot on the Hen Harriers nest accidentally as he did not see it.

I am all for protecting raptors but this is getting us no further forward and in fact my guess is it will harden attitudes on both  sides which makes things worse.

Children
No Data