I expect Sigrid Rausing to get a letter from the Countryside Alliance in Scotland, and a write-up in the Shooting Times, for suggesting that the lack of eagles in some parts of Scotland, and on her estate in the Monadhliath, is due to the fact that sporting estates bump them off.

But it is what I believe too.

Parents
  • Somewhat bizarre arguments from Trimbush and Sooty about RSPB staff conniving in theft of birds eggs.  Has anyone alleged that this has occurred?  If not I don't see why it is being raised here and contrary to Sooty's view that there must be some bad eggs in every basket I find it highly improbable that such an event has occurred.

If it had or if we consider it as a hypothetical possibility Trimbush's argument is still false:  a gamekeeper who kills a hen harrier, say, is likely to believe that his action will result in what his employer wants i.e. more grouse to shoot, but an RSPB staff member commiting a wildlife crime would know with absolute certainty that it was diametically opposed to the wishes and intentions of his/her employer.  Landowners can either turn a blind eye to illegal acts by their keepers or they can make it quite clear that they will not tolerate them.

Comment
  • Somewhat bizarre arguments from Trimbush and Sooty about RSPB staff conniving in theft of birds eggs.  Has anyone alleged that this has occurred?  If not I don't see why it is being raised here and contrary to Sooty's view that there must be some bad eggs in every basket I find it highly improbable that such an event has occurred.

If it had or if we consider it as a hypothetical possibility Trimbush's argument is still false:  a gamekeeper who kills a hen harrier, say, is likely to believe that his action will result in what his employer wants i.e. more grouse to shoot, but an RSPB staff member commiting a wildlife crime would know with absolute certainty that it was diametically opposed to the wishes and intentions of his/her employer.  Landowners can either turn a blind eye to illegal acts by their keepers or they can make it quite clear that they will not tolerate them.

Children
No Data