I had thought that I would be on the BBC Radio 4 Today programme this morning - but experience shows that you can't count a Today Prog interview until it's broadcast.  The democratic future of the people of Egypt really is more important than whether we get a Forest and Wildlife Service which can deliver a better future for our forests.  But I will come back to that idea on Monday. And just in passing, I wonder what Mubarak would have thought of the Public Bodies Bill?

Yesterday there was quite a lot of pick up on yesterday's blog about the fact that we don't think that charities would find it easy to pick up management of the New Forest - and that the RSPB isn't volunteering to do it..  This blog was picked up by the Daily Mirror, Daily Express,  Daily Star, BBC online and a large number of regional newspapers.

And yesterday's announcement on a delay to forest sales is in the Guardian, BBC online, the Mirror and elsewhere.

A love of the natural world demonstrates that a person is a cultured inhabitant of planet Earth.