I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog over almost 2 years - over 700 blogs have been posted.  Does anyone claim to have read them all?  I doubt it.

I've enjoyed writing here enormously - sometimes it has been a bit tricky to fit in with the rest of my work and the rest of my life but it has been great.

And being the RSPB's Conservation Director has been fantastic - it's a great job in a great organisation.  As I said on the Today programme on Monday - everyone should be an RSPB member! 

My successor, Martin Harper, will be picking up the blog reins as well as everything else - I think he's very brave, as I had 10 years of the job under my belt before I started this blogging lark.  Good luck Martin - I'm sure you'll be great at the blogging and at everything else too. 

And trimbush, Jockeyshield, Sooty, mirlo, lazywell, nightjar, redkite, Stackyardgreen, Bob Philpott, miles, Gert Corfield and others - be nice please!  I wonder why I put you all in that order?

And a bit later today there will be a last blog which tells you how to keep in touch - if you want to.

Parents Comment Children
No Data