It's been great!  Thanks for everything.

And if you want to keep in touch with Mark Avery in the future then visit markavery.info

Did I mention the book of the blog?

• Hi Mark

We appear to disagree on a number of topics but you have tolerated my ‘input’ – no doubt knowing that the end was nigh

But I have to say that my interest in and knowledge of – bird life in general – has increased somewhat since my ‘involvement’ with your blog and I am surprised at the number of bird books that we’ve had for many long years which have been dug out and re-read.

However I have to say that I could never join the RSPB – the ‘gap’ is just too wide to even contemplate – it would be like joining the Labour Party – something – incidentally - I did as an ‘entryist’ but was subsequently rejected by the local Labour Party(!).

I wish you and yours all the very best and shall watch out for news of your progress -.

Peter

• You made even the difficult days fun and that is not an easy task.  Enjoy your trip, keep blogging and tweeting and good luck in everything you do. We'll be watching with interest!

With love from all of us XXX

• Good luck Mark, and thanks for all that blogging.

• I have a vague recollection you might have mentioned the book of the blog somewhere before Mark, but I can't quite put my finger on where I heard about it. You've worn me down - I will go and buy it. I hope there is suitable advice in the book on how to increase viewing figures.

It's been fun. Have a great time in the States - don't forget to see the big trees at Sequoia NP if you can!

Cheers

Miles