If you have enjoyed reading this blog - and I do hope that you have - then you may be interested in buying the book of the blog!

Blogging for Nature is not available through any good bookshops - the only way to purchase it is through a website which you can find by clicking here.

A snip at £9.92 (+P&P) this book contains 143 of 700+ blogs which have appeared here over the last couple of years.

The book also contains hints and thoughts on how to blog and comments on the blog from a number of regular commenters here (eg Stackyard Green, nightjar, redkite and Sooty).

Blogging for Nature has a very kind Foreword written by the former Secretary of State for Defra the Rt Hon Hilary Benn MP.

And, if you buy the book you will discover Sooty's real name.

277 pages which cover; the change to a coalition government, the recent breeding of red-backed shrikes and little bitterns, hen harrier persecution, thoughts from the Bird Fair, Game Fair and political Party Conferences, news from Hope Farm, the forestry debate, eagle owls, our Bird of Prey Pledge, Letter to the Future, the odd mention of Rushden and Diamonds FC, RSPB nature reserves, predator control, farming and farmland birds and so much more.

Thank you to the RSPB for agreeing to me publishing this book.

Parents
  • Went Badger watching at a sett about a 100 metres from our house last night and took some food as think it probably hard ground for them at the moment,interesting that N T are into a big vaccination program on 6,400 acre estate,well done to them but on the downside so very expensive almost a million pounds and of course it sounds a large area but in the big scheme of things it is like a drop in a ocean.Lets hope it leads to cheaper vaccination,always been surprised that with all the road kills they have not been tested more to get more information.How could a supposedly modern country have had this disease so long and even those of us who look for more information find hardly any conclusions about it such as even do other species have it and spread it,absolutely incredible.Feel honoured and humble at same time that name on front cover Mark,suspect by luck found your blog and commented before others but think they have played a big part even though often not agreeing with them,I am big enough to see their point of view anyway especially as I have always been allowed my point of view by yourself.Find myself astonished at the extent of their knowledge.  

Comment
  • Went Badger watching at a sett about a 100 metres from our house last night and took some food as think it probably hard ground for them at the moment,interesting that N T are into a big vaccination program on 6,400 acre estate,well done to them but on the downside so very expensive almost a million pounds and of course it sounds a large area but in the big scheme of things it is like a drop in a ocean.Lets hope it leads to cheaper vaccination,always been surprised that with all the road kills they have not been tested more to get more information.How could a supposedly modern country have had this disease so long and even those of us who look for more information find hardly any conclusions about it such as even do other species have it and spread it,absolutely incredible.Feel honoured and humble at same time that name on front cover Mark,suspect by luck found your blog and commented before others but think they have played a big part even though often not agreeing with them,I am big enough to see their point of view anyway especially as I have always been allowed my point of view by yourself.Find myself astonished at the extent of their knowledge.  

Children
No Data